cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ADSL Price Cuts

N/A

ADSL Price Cuts

I've just read on the Portal that you'll be slashing the Price of ADSL Self-Install.

What about the people who didn't get the self-install product? BT Installed mine. Will we get a price cut??

Daniel
8 REPLIES
Community Veteran

RE: ADSL Price Cuts

Further comment and question.

The news about the proposed price cuts by Plusnet are most welcome but why on earth do you have to keep messing about with the free domain?

------------------------------
Furthermore, we are happy to confirm that existing customers who have not already registered their bundled domain name by April 1st, and do not wish to, will be able to downgrade to the lowest price available on their product type. Customers who have registered the currently included domain name will be charged £2.00 (ex VAT) per month, on top of the prices shown above.
--------------------------------

One of the main reasons that I originaly switched to Plusnet was because of the free domain name and Hosting that was available at the time along with all the other services.
Can you plaese clarify if the proposed £2-00 per month will include the existing registration and the subsequent renewal of a domain? or is that going to be just a hosting charge?
If it does include hosting and renewal then it would seem to be a reasonable deal.

--
Regards
John
N/A

As a customer we would expect that you choose your account with us for a number of reasons and in this order.

Quality - We provide an excellent services and our services are more feature rich than any other UK ISP.

Support - PlusNets support staff have a very wide knowledge of internet related issues and have given help and advise to our customers on a whole range of questions. Most ISP support lines support a modem dial up and your email settings in outlook express. Our support does their best to answer any question you may have.

Price - What can I say, the new prices, but Wow!!!! PlusNet is now truly helping to change the country from dialup Britain to Broadband Britain.

Domain name - Some people want a domain name and some people don't. For the ones that don't we believe that they should not have to pay for this part of the service. For those that do, we give them the chance to have a domain name at a very good price.

So, bearing in mind all the above I am sure you agree that we do put the Plus in Plusnet Smiley

--
| Kevin Revill ............... Unmetered & ADSL solutions
| Customer Support .................. for Home & Business
| PlusNet Technologies Ltd. ....... @ http://www.plus.net
+ ----- My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet -----
Kind Regards

Kevin
fonejacker
Grafter

Righteo,

Just add another quick answer to both of these!

1. Price amendments to BT Installed products will also be confirmed imminently. There will be price drops, and they are good!

2. The extra £2 includes hosting, registration and constant renewal of the domain name, just as is currently provided on accounts with a bundled domain name.

Regards,

Ian
PlusNet Customer Support
Community Veteran

> Righteo,
>
> Just add another quick answer to both of these!
>
> 1. Price amendments to BT Installed products will also be confirmed imminently. There will be price drops, and they are good!
>
> 2. The extra £2 includes hosting, registration and constant renewal of the domain name, just as is currently provided on accounts with a bundled domain name.
>
> Regards,
>
> Ian
> PlusNet Customer Support

Thanks Ian for a direct answer.
It has so far always been very confusing just what was or was not included with domain hosting, especialy with all the changes that have been going on over the past year or so.
I agree that Plusnet do give brilliant service and are value for money but there has been too much "tweeking" of options recently. Lets hope that things will be stable (appart from price reductions of course) for the future.

--
Regards
John
fonejacker
Grafter

> I agree that Plusnet do give brilliant service and are value for money but there has been too much "tweeking" of options recently. Lets hope that things will be stable (appart from price reductions of course) for the future.

I john,

I think we are of the same opinion.

Eventually there is no doubt that the products will stabilise. Just as has happened in the mobile phone market. Ahem ;-)

Seriously, this is a very fast paced industry, and things will change very quickly. I agree that we need to try harder to ensure our products remain consistant and understandable. This is something we are aware of and will be working on throughout the next year.

Regards,

Ian
PlusNet Customer Support

>
>
>
> --
> Regards
> John

N/A

This is very good news but how will the reductions be put into effect for existing users who have chosen & paid for an annual contract?

Will someone ask me what I want or will there be a form on the portal to allow me to say I'd like to continue to have a domain and thus qualify for a refund of approx £10 a month from April?

I know it's early days but this BT announcement has been trailled heavily for a couple of weeks!

BTW, I have been with PlusNet since November (Connect Standard till a week ago, then ADSL Home) and am very pleased with the quality of the service and the friendly and helpful support. Keep the good work up!
fonejacker
Grafter

Hiya,

We will be announcing how we intend to handle the transition to the lower priced ADSL accounts. Please be assured that we will act with your interests in mind, and we will give people the choice about the account type they need.

In the past we have adjusted the next invoice date of customers to reflect the extended period of time that the credit on their account entitles them to. This has proven to be a very successful way to ensure that people who payed annually are treated fairly when the price is reduced.

I can assure you that we realise that you require this information soon, but we are still in the process of announcing the new product types. There has been an awful lot of work to do today, and the Friaco problems we had yesterday did set our deadlines back somewhat for ensuring everyone had all the details they needed by today.

Thanks for the vote of confidence - We do try hard.

Regards,

Ian
PlusNet Customer Support
N/A

Kevin wrote:

> Domain name - Some people want a domain name and some people don't. For the ones that don't we believe that they should not have to pay for this part of the service. For those that do, we give them the chance to have a domain name at a very good price.

<Snipe mode on>

How does that gell with the reasons presented on these forums for the increased price for connect lite accounts? "Our customers have requested domains" and "Standardises the connect accounts"

<Snipe mode off>

--
Brian