cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ADSL NetStart vs Small Business Premier

N/A

A little while ago I signed up another account for the ADSL NetStart package. This package doesn't appear listed anymore but seems to have been replaced by Small Business Premier, at the same price. The SBP package appears to include Anti Spam and Antivirus protection is its features and I am pretty sure that the NetStart package also included this. However, I am now told that these features are extras on the NetStart package and have to be paid for as extra. Can anyone else tell me if they have either package and if it includes these features?

Thanks.
9 REPLIES
N/A

Hi there,

The security package was always an additional cost with the old Net Start product.

We recently upgraded to Small Bus to allo us to access this feature without further cost.

Regards

Mark
N/A

I only registered to Net Start at the beginning of Nov, so can I upgrade to SBP at no extra cost? Unfortunately the full package details of Net Start are not displayed anymore (or are they, somewhere?) so would I lose any features?
Community Veteran

The old details are, I'm afraid, no longer available. I have raised this issue via the usergroup to get the info available somewhere as I feel it is something that should be retained and not lost just becase a new set of products have replaced them - afterall there are still a lot of users on the old packages - me being one.

The costs for regrades are detailed in Business Upgrade Price List. As long as your speed and contenton ratio stay the same the upgrade is free so a 512K netstart -> small business 512K premier should be free. You can check this by logging in as the user concerned and going through the upgrade path via connection settings -> upgrade account, selecting the package you want to change to, select no hardware and see a summary page.

I can't say what featres you gain and what you loose as like you said, the old details are not available - another reason why they should still be accessable.
N/A

Well I 've gone ahead and requested an upgrade, it says its free. Can't see anything major missing from the main features so hopefully its worth it for the anti-virus\spam.
N/A

Hi there romerty,

Glad you got sorted. From what we have seen there is no difference in the two products other than the free Spam and virus protection. Saved us just over £5 pm. Cheesy

Regards

Mark
N/A

Hey pcsni, I've just realised that I completely misread your first reply. I read it as if you were replying on behalf of Plusnet (i.e saving PN money) Shockedops: In fact it was what I actually wanted to hear. Cheers.
N/A

No worries.

Your welcome.

Regards

Mark
N/A

I have two ADSL Netstart 512Mb connections at £27.99 per month and am thinking of upgrading to Small Business Premier 512Mb at £27.99. However I have had the PN email promising free speed upgrade to 2Mb on one of these connections but not the other.
On a third connection which was opened after the new products were released and therefore is already a Small Business Premier 512Mb I have not received the email regarding free speed upgrade.
Will upgrading to the current products rather than staying on discontinued products effect the timing of my free speed upgrades? Hope I have made myself clear!
N/A

Hi there,

There are no free speed upgrades available yet on the Business products. I understand, from a previous thread that the email you received was an error.

secondly moving from netstart to Small Business Premier will not effect your upgrade, when it happens.

We should see an announcement from Plus net regarding the business packages within the next few weeks.