cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ADSL MAX

N/A

ADSL MAX

F.A.O Mr James Bailey ( Comms Team Manager )

Hi James, Having had a line check done, BT stated up to 6meg, but probably more like 4, as I am now on 2meg, is it worth upgrading, or would it be better to remain at my present speed, I would like to upgrade if reliability of line will still be as stable as at present, I would appreciate your comments. Kindest Regards...Julia
3 REPLIES
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

ADSL MAX

Hi Julia,

The BT line check makes a guess of what speed it thinks your line can support. Sometimes it will get it right, sometimes it won't.

Do you know what your line stats are? That will probably give a better indication of how the Max regrade will go.

http://www.kitz.co.uk/adsl/frogstats.htm

lists how to get the stats on most routers.
James
Grafter

ADSL MAX

Hi Julia,

I'm going to tell my boss (Comms Shift Manager) about my new job title Wink

Looking at your line, the quality is good, so you 'should' get a considerably improved speed on your line, depending on how crammed your exchange is.

If you want an upgrade, I'm recommend adding your name is the Comms Max Requests thread, which I should get round to catching up on tomorrow morning.
N/A

ADSL MAX

Hi James, Many thanks for post reply, I did download software as Dave advised, tried it out, almost the same as BT advised, if only other members of PlusNet, especially the new members, would only give enough time for problems to be sorted! mind you it must be so frustrating for the new mwmbers, having just signed up, but I will endorse PlusNet 1100% as the best ISP in Britain. Kind Regards...Julia