cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ADSL MAX exchange upgraded

N/A

I have just discovered that BT have completed the upgrade of my local exchange to support ADSL Max. As a PAYG 10GB customer, how will I go about receiving this new "higher speed" connection? Is it a case of waiting until PN let me know that it has been done, or is there something that I can do?

I can't wait to get my hands on a 4MB+ Connection Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Cheers in advance Smiley
53 REPLIES
Mand
Grafter

This is something that will be done automatically. We will notify you when the order has been placed.
N/A

Thanks Mand

I wasn't sure whether there was a way to "queue jump" or not, but I guess I should be fair and wait my turn Smiley
Community Veteran

You will not get the higher speed until +net have put in a bulk regrade order.

This may take weeks or months to upgrade everyone. (we are all in the hands of BTw)

+net say they will do it in a priority order - those already paying for the higher speeds first, and then for the rest of us in order of priority, starting with those who have been customers for longest.

You WILL be put onto the new product (independant of speed) on your next billing date - with the new management profiles, peak time schedule, plus talk and so on.

EDIT: - this was in answer to the mesage below from Antorobus - but there seems to be somthing wrong with the time setting.
N/A

My exchange is also enabled and my billing date was today,but im still on 2mb....
N/A

I've been paying for Premier 4mbit for 8 months now while being on 2mbit.
According to the exchange checker, my exchange is ADSLMax enabled. (Droitwich exchange)

Any ideas when they might process my upgrade? How long is the queue? How long have some people been paying for 4 and 8mbit speeds?

Cheers
Community Veteran

Would it be useful to people if I dusted off my "Upgrade Checker" scripts from the 2mb upgrades so they could be used in the same way for 8mb - to see roughly who's being upgraded at a given point in time.
Community Veteran

PN have already submitted the upgrade request to BT for all the 4 & 8Mb product customers to have their line upgraded. Thus is it down to BT when it will be completed.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Would it be useful to people if I dusted off my "Upgrade Checker" scripts from the 2mb upgrades so they could be used in the same way for 8mb - to see roughly who's being upgraded at a given point in time.

It would be a good way of upsetting people. Although the data hasn't been updated, the vast majority of exchanges are now enabled for MaxDSL - but that's just stage 1.

Stage 2 is for PN to order upgrades from PN. People who were on the faster accounts pre-April (Premier £29.99 or £39.99 or PAYG) will have been ordered. Timescale for others hasn't been announced except we know it will be longest standing customers first.

Stage 3 is for BT to do the work.. How long this will take is not yet known, but on the evidence of last years free upgrades to 2MB...

Stage 2 is not linked to exchanges - stage 3 may or may not be - so the exchange checker is irrelevant at present.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£13/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
kreynolds
Grafter

Just a quickie.

My exchange LVSKEM has now gone green for maxDSL, am I right in thinking that PN should now have placed an order with BT to upgrade as I am/was on upto 4Mb, billing date 16th of month?
wheelnut
Grafter

What I don't understand is why PlusNet have to put in a *regrade order*. As if PlusNet are shelling out vast quantities of cash to regrade all of its customers out of the goodness of its's heart. As far as I am aware BT are performing the regrades for free to all ISP's. Therefore everyone will be regraded anyway.

Why don't BT just regrade everyone automatically exchange by exchange, its only a question of electronically re-routing a subscribers line through a different DSLAM?
Community Veteran

BT can't and won't upgrade everyone because it is up the the ISP whether they allow a line to run at up to 8Mbs or not. An ISP is renting the ADSL line from BTW so it is the ISP that has control over what speed that line connects at.

Not all ISPs have the products / costing in place for 8Mbs products.
Not all ISPs could actually cope with a sudden quadrupling of data on their network.
The BT Max products are not replacing the BT IPStream home/office products, they are new products which ISPs can provision on. ISPs can and still are provisioning new connections on the older IPStream Home/Office products.

There is actually a cost involved in changing some of the lower speed lines to MaxDSL, which is approx £5+VAT .

linky.
willhome
Grafter

how can i check to see if my exchange is on the 5000 list and if so when it gets upgraded. thanks
N/A

If you haven't been notified by PN you're not one of the 5000 users - the exchanges have already been done it is now down to PN to place orders for all the customers with BT to get them upgraded. As I understand PN are doing the users on the 4/8mb packages first, then PAYG then the rest in order of when people joined PN.
willhome
Grafter

i just checked the samknows site which has green for my exchange ADSL max....

does this mean i my exchange now capible for 8mb and if so can i not pay to jump the quene like i did pay the 14.99 to get upgraded to 2mb instead waiting for bt to do it.