cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ADSL Home Surf

N/A

ADSL Home Surf

I'm currently on the old ADSL Home Surf package@18.99/m and I'm wondering how the changes will effect me. So far all I've read is that the peak hours fair usage is 22 gigs a month (which is plenty for me).

Will my speed (downstream/upstream) change at all?

If not, what would it cost to switch over to the new pricing model and have my DSL upgraded to its "maximum" speed?

Any help much appreciated.
8 REPLIES
csogilvie
Grafter

ADSL Home Surf

I'd imagine you'd get the speed increased too, since I understand ALL customers are getting it.
hop
Grafter

ADSL Home Surf

I think there's a lot of people who would like a definitive answer to this one from PlusNet (me included Wink )

The Broadband Plus accounts sound like a new replacement for these old £18.99 surf accounts.
N/A

ADSL Home Surf

I too would like clarification on the home surf package concerning speed. Also if it does go over to maxdsl will the faster speeds come in automatically or do we have to request a speed change and if so at what price .
csogilvie
Grafter

ADSL Home Surf

As I understand it your line will synch at the maximum possible speed it can, and you can select on the portal what speed you actually want.
N/A

ADSL Home Surf

Why would you want a slower speed than the maximum?
Is it going to cost less?
hop
Grafter

ADSL Home Surf

As mentioned above, I think a definitive statement from PlusNet Staff is required to clarify this one, rather than just opinions.
N/A

ADSL Home Surf

From the PlusNet FAQ on the product changes

From April, Broadband Premier will no longer be sold on speed, but will instead be sold on levels of fair usage. Every Broadband Premier customer will be able to upgrade to the highest speed their line can support, free of charge.

BT are rolling out changes to the exchange to have 90% (so I have been told) up to 2mb link.
N/A

ADSL Home Surf

Well I'm an old ADSL 512Kb Home Self Install customer. So only Premier customers get the upgrade?

Well 512Kb Premier is the same price as what I have...