cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ADSL Home Surf 512k

N/A

ADSL Home Surf 512k

I'm still on Home Surf from way back, and I am very pleased that PlusNet have scrapped the fair usage which I didn’t agree with, but are the speed upgrades still taking place, and if so in what way will this effect me, as about 2 weeks ago I had 1mb for 2 days and then it dropped back down to 512k so I'm a little battled to what is going on or suppose to be going on, any help would be appreciated
5 REPLIES
Ben_Brown
Grafter

ADSL Home Surf 512k

ADSL Home Surf customers will get the free regrades, however you will need to wait until the speed change tool is available on the portal to take advantage of this.

If you do not want to wait you can upgrade to one of the new Premier accounts, however if you do this you won't be able to go back to Home Surf.
N/A

ADSL Home Surf 512k

OK now totally confused, raised a ticket to ask the same thing - having had an email in Feb saying all plus net customers would be entitled to free speed update.

The response I received was:

"Unfortunately you will be unable to connect you at a faster speed on the account you are currently on. When you line has been regraded you will need to change to either a lite, plus or premier account. You can do this free of charge either via re-raising this contact us ticket or there will be a facility to do this via the portal sometime in the near future.
"

Yet you are saying at some point in the future those of us on HomeSurf will be able to.

Which is the correct answer?
N/A

ADSL Home Surf 512k

Many thanks for the answer, ask a sill question when will the speed change tool be available or am I asking how long a bit of string is?
Ben_Brown
Grafter

ADSL Home Surf 512k

Unfortunately there has been some confusion over this at the contact centre, I have made everyone aware of this now.

The tool should be available shortly, however there isn't a date set for this yet.
Eserim
Rising Star

ADSL Home Surf 512k

Ben - to ** right there is confusion - I could have stayed on Homesurf then rather than pay the £15 downgrade fee to move to the Plus package to get the higher speeds as, this was the only option open to me - I was told this twice via help desk tickets?

Plus Net really have been crap at this regrade thing, all down to incredably poor communications.

Chris