cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ADSL Home / Broadband Home Products

N/A

I am currently on an ADSL Home 512K account and have been looking at PN accounts for a friend.

I notice that the current equivelent is Broadband Home Premier, but this also includes Server side Spam and Anti Virus protection.

As the product costs the same as my current subscription can I switch to the new product free of charge and are there any downsides to doing this ?

Many Thanks

Darren.
14 REPLIES
Ben_Brown
Grafter

You can change from ADSL Home to Home Premier for no extra charge. There are no downsides to this, however if you are in an annual contract this will be renewed for another 12 months if you move to the Premier account.
N/A

Thanks for the quick reply

When I signed up in 2002 it was an annual contract but I believe the contract term reverts to monthly after the first year.

Can you confirm that by switching contracts I would not then be entering into a new 12 month contract.

Kind Regards

Darren
Ben_Brown
Grafter

At present if your account was originally an annual contract, changing the account would enter you into a new 12 month contract.

We are currently reviewing this, and this may change in the near future, however we are not currently in a position to advise if this will happen.
Community Veteran

So this chap is on a monthly contract now, and by switching packages, he could possibly end up on an anual oneHuh

Are PN seriously having a laugh now? Things are starting to get beyond a joke...
Ben_Brown
Grafter

No, if he has signed up for a monthly contract he will remain on a monthly contract.
Community Veteran

Eh... Now Im confused :? - the guy just told you that he is on a monthly contract now, and was on an anual contract back in 2002.

Your reply said that if he was on an anual contract originaly (which he was back in 2002) he would be put back on one if he regraded. :roll:
N/A

Ok just to clarify things, checking my account it states Annual Contract, however my underdstanding is that all annual contracts reverted to a monthly contracts after the first 12 months had elapsed.

If Plusnet are stating that by opting for the current product range, I will be entering into a new 12 month contract then that is bad news.

It sounds as if the loyal customers are again loosing out. The current service offerings from plusnet include free anti virus and spam filtering, but members who have been with plusnet for some time have to pay additional fees to get these services even though it is the same price.

Surely I am upgrading my package to the current offering at the same price so how does this invoke a change in the T&C's ?

Some clarity would be appreciated on this

Regards

Darren.
Ianwild
Grafter

I'm working on the contract terms calrification we will be publishing in April.

This page makes it clear that a 12 month contract becomes a rolling one month contract following the first year...

Because of the confusion here, I would suggest that we wait until the portal clarification is available before going any further with this.

Regards,

Ian
Community Veteran

Eh... Now Im confused - the guy just told you that he is on a monthly contract now, and was on an anual contract back in 2002.

Actually the OP did not say they were on a monthly contract, they have assumed they are after completing 12 months:

When I signed up in 2002 it was an annual contract but I believe the contract term reverts to monthly after the first year.

This is not correct, the only time your contract period changes is if you request it and where necessary pay the admin fee to do so.

What you may be confusing it with is after 12 months, while your contract still remains annual, your notice period changes to 30 days like a monthly contract.

You can find out what contract type you have via Account details -> Account summary. So if that states your on an annual contract, changing to broadband home premier 512K will start a new 12 month contract.
N/A

@Ian,

Thanks for the reply and I will wait until April for further clarification.

@Peter,

I hope you are mistaken and it is not me getting confused regarding rolling 1 month contract terms.

Darren
Ben_Brown
Grafter

Peter is correct at the moment, however we have to wait until April for clarification as this may change.
Community Veteran

Ahhh - I see.. maybe I am mistaken and it is just the notice period that changes..

however we have to wait until April for clarification as this may change

That would be a shock wouldn't it, something changing at PN :lol:

I think Ill refrain from posting on these forums for a while, its not good for my blood pressure....
N/A

@bill

I have read my original terms and conditions and it does not state anything with regards contract renewal's. As I have already stated I signed up for a 12 month contract in 2002 so legally we are now bound by a monthly rolling contract.

The annual contract stipulation should only apply to those who have not completed their existing 12 month period, although it sounds like this will be resolved in April.

It seems silly that Plusnet would be willing to loose long standing customers by charging an admin fee or forcing extended contracts for members who would like to continue paying the same monthly fee, but gain the same benefits of those who joined Plusnet at a later date.

Most other organisations reward loyalty !

Darren.
Ben_Brown
Grafter

At the moment, if the account is an annual account and it is changed at any time (i.e. within or outside the initial 12 months) it renews this for another year, however as Ian said we are working on contract terms clarification which is due to be published in April.

Once this has been published, we will be able to advise more fully on this issue as this is likely to change.