cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ADSL Guide forced to retract article

Alecto
Grafter

I've just been to ADSL Guide to see what chesterfield is up to and notice that Pn have made ADSL Guide withdraw an article they published about the current fiasco. ADSL Guide are consulting their lawyers.

Anyone know anything more? :?:
74 REPLIES
Community Veteran

That is as much as you are likely to hear until the situation (whatever it is) is resolved one way or the other. Once the legal teams get involved no further public statements are likely.
Lorian
Grafter

Re: ADSL Guide forced to retract article

Anyone know anything more? :?:

I read it about 2 hours ago, it seemed a reasonably piece to me and hardly liablous, but then IANAL.

I'm not going to recite the bits I remember because I could do without being sued.

One word to Plusnet though. Give Andrew a break the uncertainty and anger around was not caused by ADSLguide.
LiamM
Grafter

I didn't get to see it, but I think this is evidence that Plusnet are getting desperate.

The logic of this company is just amazing. Are you not more interested in gaining the customers you have who are going to start flocking in their thousands? Rather than trying to protect the previous image you have to the outside world?

If you want to keep customers, PN, I'll tell you. You need to address this issue NOW. You need to look after the customers that have put you where you are... before it's too late.
N/A

I guess PN didnt like the "smoke screen" quote.
LiamM
Grafter

:?:
Community Veteran

Un..be..leivable

What a complete farce. Rather than sort the issues out, they sweep them under the carpet.

I mailed ADSL GUide this morning, and pointed out that they could do with having a look at the PN boards before posting such stements as "this move by PlusNet is welcomed".

It seems they did just that and had a look for themselves. I read the article, and I thought it was very fair. Obviously PN didn't like it as it hilighted the issues that customers were currently facing.

It is a sure sign of a company being incapable of solving issues when they resort to removing bad press rather than tackling the reasons for it.

How much more room is there under the carpet to sweep these issues before the whole BB community spot what's happening?
N/A

@martinfamily

http://portal.plus.net/central/forums/viewtopic.php?t=27437&start=396

This quote from me was at the end of the article .. which has now been pulled.
N/A

Shockedops:
N/A

I did not get to read the article, I had the more pressing engament with a pub for my lunch.

However if there is substance to this it is a very worrying turn of events. Not only for plusnet, but for adlsguide. I have found it a invaluable resource for ADSL information over the last couple of years. And I would not like to see the frank and honest opinons that are often displayed with the news items to be curtailed by ISP's.

Edit
-----
Now read the article thanks to the posters above, plusnet should be answering those points not getting them pulled. Disgusted.....
N/A

@cking, yup - thats the one.
It had a link at the bottom for "Link to this news item", this now reports as invalid item (thanks go to Google Desktop on preserving this for me Smiley )
Community Veteran

cking,

as for posting the article here - then you may want to reconsider - if PN have issues with ADSL Guide for publishing it, then they will certainly have issue with you posting it.

However intreagued I am as to what the BB comunities reaction would be to PN issuing one of its own customers with a writ - I cant help but think you may want to delete that...
N/A

Wow. I guess this means the PR people really are in charge of Plusnet these days. That's quite depressing.
N/A

Tis deleted Evil I cant see owt on there thats really wrong anyway.

That just proves how much PN are crapping themselves atm.
N/A

can anyone find it in googles cache and link to it :twisted: