cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ADSL Game server response times

N/A

ADSL Game server response times

The response times to online games servers seem to be pretty poor from the PlusNet ADSL connection. My kids don't understand why they keep getting kicked out of games because of poor response times and lag.

It may just be my account/setup, so I would be interested in others experiences.

:confused
4 REPLIES
N/A

RE: ADSL Game server response times

Good Morning,

This is a known problem, and is something that we are currently investigating.

The information regardsing this problem can be found in the Service Status section, inside the Connectivity catagory.

--
| Russell Till.......................Unmetered & ADSL solutions
| Customer Support .......................for Home & Business
| PlusNet Technologies Ltd............@ http://www.plus.net
+ ---- My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet ----
N/A

Yes, the update came out later that night.

What it doesn't do is give any indication of timescales. I appreciate that you can't give a definitive date, but it would be useful if you could provide some idea - are we talking days/weeks/months?

:confused:
N/A

> The response times to online games servers seem to be pretty poor from the PlusNet ADSL connection. >

This is an interesting thread as I am thinking of going broadband and my children would not speak to me if I made things worse for their online games (and mine come to thatWink ). What sort of ping times are you getting at the moment? I know that plusnet is not a dedicated games service and there are so many other things that plus net offer to make up for this current problem...but it would be nice to have the best of both worlds wouldn't it Smiley
N/A

The kids were frequently getting 200-350+ ping times on zone.msn.com (they like playing Rogue Spear). Apparently today it was varying between 150-250+.

They're a bit cheesed - other players have 2-3 green bars, whilst the response from our account varies between 1-3 amber bars.

As you say gaming wasn't my 'main' reason for choosing PlusNet, but it was a consideration (I have to keep the troops happy). Anyway PlusNet do run Games servers and a quick check of ping times to them over the last few minutes shows response times of 100-160ms.

I'm just waiting for them to sort it out - just hope it doesn't take too long.