cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ADSL Dropped Connections

N/A

ADSL Dropped Connections

ADSL Dropped Connections - Resolved
The problems on the ADSL network reported earlier has now been resolved although our engineers will continue to monitor the situation. Anybody that is still experiencing problems should disconnect their equipment and reconnect again.
The exact details of the cause of the problem are still under investigation, and a full report will be made on Monday.

We apologise for any inconvenience this issue has caused.

Regards,
Martin Cundell
Customer Support

Further to this, my ADSL continually stops working after a circa 30 minute period.

I restart the PC and router when this happens, and it all works absolutely fine again for another 30 minutes or so and then dies again.

Is anybody else having these problems, and are they a result of the oddness that took place yesterday? Or is it just my machine telling me I really should be outside in the glorious sunshine instead of basking in the rays of my monitor?

Cheers

Mxx
15 REPLIES
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

ADSL Dropped Connections

Hi,

That problem was fixed last night so shouldn't be causing you any problems today.

There's no known outages in your area either.

When the problem starts do you get a loss of data transfer or does it just disconnect? Can you still access the router's configuration page?

How long has the problem been happening?
N/A

ADSL Dropped Connections

Hiya,

The problem has been ongoing since last night, which is why I thought it had something to do with the issues of last night. It happened about 3 times since the last message posted on the service status page and 1am, and has been doing the same since I've been on today - circa 11am.

I lose access to all websites, and all download stuff, such as edonkey, and cannot gain ftp access.

I can still gain access to my router config (DLink something-or-other).

Cheers

Mxx
N/A

Dropped connections

I'm glad somebody else is suffering long after the "problem has been resolved". I too suffer from loss of connection which started yesterday evening. Nothing consistent I do seems to get the connection working again. It seems to start again randomly but then only stays 'on' for approx 30 mins. Could the outage have affected the modem/router/windows settings?Huh
N/A

ADSL Dropped Connections

Some questions, based on those allready asked.

Do you suffer from connection loss, or just a lack of data transfer?

If a connection drop. Does the modem lose sync with the DSL signal?

Lack of data transfer could be attributed to last night, and possibly some issues with connection loss.

However, Sync loss would be unrelated.
N/A

ADSL Dropped Connections

It's a connection loss as opposed to loss of data transfer but when it comes to the workings of the modem/router I'm at a loss I'm afraid. From what I can tell the lights on the front of the modem appear to be lighting up normally - but I can't be certain.
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

ADSL Dropped Connections

Hi,

adeshers - there's been some planned BT maintenance in your area over the last day or so. It can't hurt to double check your modem settings and also to ensure all your wiring and filters are set up correctly. Take a look at the tutorials on the Usertools site at http://usertools.plus.net and see if that helps.

cowandchicken - there's been some maintenance work in your area as well, again it can't do any harm to double check everything.

If the problems persists after tomorrow then we may have to look further into this and see if anyone else is affected and if necessary report it to BT.
Bigbrotherjx
Grafter

ADSL Dropped Connections

this has happened to me also. I connect, it works for 20 minutes, then the speeds slowly drop and then the connection goes dead. I can't disconnect and reconnect either because the Binatone Modem page won't load up again until I reboot.
N/A

ADSL dropped connections

Problem is most certainly not resolved. We've experienced it ever since we signed up (end July). Physical dis/reconnection works for a while (minutes) but connection is always lost sooner or later.

Ironically, it dropped out trying to submit this reply

Very disappointing.
Rgds
N/A

ADSL Dropped Connections

Well I think I've sorted my problem out Cheesy . The CONFIG.ISP file in the Origo Modem./Router folder (C:/Program Files/Origo) was corrupt (or so it said when I tried to open it) so I deleted it (to the Recycle bin) as an experiment and Lo & Behold (after rebooting the PC) the connection has remained live ever since - 5 hours so far. Unless there had been local exchange problems after the weekend thunder & lightning and BT coincidentally got their act together (cynical b*****d).
jberry
Grafter

ADSL Dropped Connections

ashburner,

For us to investigate fault like this you need to reaise it to us either through link:contact us or, if you are not able to connect for long enough to do that, by phone on 0845 1400200.

Regards,
N/A

ADSL Dropped Connections

Oops! spoke too soon. Got up this morning and no connection. Shockedops: Came back on around lunchtime and appeared to be stable. Thanks for that phone number joshberry, I might have to avail myself of it soon. Wink
N/A

Oh!

I too have been having this problem for a while now (didn't report it as I thought it was my pc causing the problem). When I sign on after coming home from work it tends to last 15-45 mins before going wonky and disconnecting.

Tonight for example it happened about 4 times, requiring me to turn of my pc for a couple of seconds (a simple reboot doesn't work!). After that it has stayed online for 5 and a half hours so far! It's a similar story each day Cry

Moderators note (John) Please read my PM about your Avatar size
Grimbo
Grafter

ADSL Dropped Connections

Yup, me too.

Started on Wednesday and still happenning Friday night.

Doesn't happen often, and reconnect usually occurs after about 3 or 4 minutes without me having to do anything!

Regards
lhorwath
Grafter

ADSL Dropped Connections

Hi there,

Have you both read through the Troubleshooter Guide? If so, please raise a ticket via Contact Us and we will investigate further for you.