cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ADSL De-activation

N/A

ADSL De-activation

I live in shared accomodation and my housemate moved out last month. I got the BT line on which PN broadband is running, transfered into my name. 2 weeks later BT decided to de-activate my ADSL because the name on the account had changed. This meant i had to pay PN £47 in order to have the ADSL reactivated. Just wondered if anyone else has had the same poblem?
5 REPLIES
Community Veteran

ADSL De-activation

This is normal practice with BT and PlusNet can do nothing about this as it relates to the voice line, not ADSL.

Whenever any details on a BT account changes - especially the account owner, all services on that line/account are removed automatcally, including ADSL. Thius leaving the new owner to pck up the pieces and apply/pay for ADSL again.
N/A

ADSL De-activation

I'm not complaining about PN, in fact i had a very prompt reply to my ticket. I understand that it's BT's fault. I'd just like to know if anyone else has managed to get BT to refund the activavtion fee, as i was assured by BT that my broadband service wouldn't be interrupted.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 54

ADSL De-activation

i believe that if you advise PlusNet beforehand they can sometimes stop it happening. I don't know about the success rate.
Community Veteran

ADSL De-activation

My brother in law took occupancy of my old rented property some time ago. I had a phone line with adsl provisioned by Pipex. He was able to change them over to himself and incured no costs at all!

I would ask him how he went about it, but I'm afraid he has since married and emigrated.
N/A

ADSL De-activation

Pity i didn't realise the activation would be cancelled, i wouldn't have bothered changing the account name. Seems to be be a bit of a BT scam.