cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ADSL Conneting (just), however no data yet

N/A

ADSL Conneting (just), however no data yet

My line was ADSL activated a few hours ago (noted by the huge degridation in quality untill I put hte splitters on), however when I connect the router (settings checked), no data comes. No resolution of domains, no outbound connections, zip.

Note: you havent rung me yet to say "please connect, we get given food when you connect"

Router in question: DLink DSL 500

Thx
6 REPLIES
N/A

RE: ADSL Conneting (just), however no data yet

Anyone?

I know Customer Support are out there posting. >;-| (I see everything Tongue)
phil
Grafter

Based on my experience (I've been on ADSL for about a month), and I hope I've got the right end of the stick...

Even though your router may think it has connected (flashing lights, etc) you have to wait for BT to give the final thumbs up to PlusNet before you can be actually 'activated'.

I'm sure you'll not have long to wait, the Support guys are very helpful Smiley

BTW, good choice of equipment. I connect with a D-Link 504, which has been faultless so far
N/A

I thought that would be the case

Do they work Saturdays? Tongue

N/A

> I thought that would be the case
>
> Do they work Saturdays? Tongue
>
>
Hi,

Apologies for the delay in responding. I've checked BT's online system and your order is still being processed but the line has come through survey. It's due to be activated on Tuesday(BT don't activate accounts over the weekend unfortunately) however I will raise a ticket for the status to be checked on Monday morning for you.

Regards,
Robert

| Robert Kelly........................Unmetered & ADSL solutions
| Customer Support...........................for Home & Business
| PlusNet Technologies Ltd...............http://www.plus.net
+ ----- My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet ----------

N/A

Hi,

Having just received my router, I couldn't resist setting it up and having a play.

Just like Heners_UK although my line isn't due to be activated until Tuesday, the router connects and gets an IP, plus DNS servers - although they look nothing PlusNet IPs.

I presume the equipement at the exchange has been connected to my line, but not yet connected to PlusNet?

Simon
N/A

> I presume the equipement at the exchange has been connected to my line, but not yet connected to PlusNet?

Just looked up the IPs in the RIPE database and they are all BT ones - I presume when activated properly the router will receive PlusNet IPs?

Simon, who's looking forward to tomorrow Smiley