cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ADSL Connection dropping

N/A

ADSL Connection dropping

Only for the past few days, I have been experiencing very frequent disconnects (I am on 2Mb Premier - or is it called Premium?).

After each of these disconnects, it is very difficult to get connected again - receive error 721.

I do not think the problem is occurring on my machine as, until very recently, everything worked perfectly all the time:
- There have been no changes to my setup or new equipment.
- Line light on the modem is on.
- Modem status panel shows a green link status but, obviously, no activity in the data activity box.
- ordinary telephone line works

I have raised a support ticket but I was wondering whether anybody else is experiencing similar problems.

Wolf
6 REPLIES
Community Veteran

ADSL Connection dropping

It would seem that your link is staying up just not your connection. (if you get what I mean)

Have you tried connecting to the BT test site i.e. not logging into PlusNet but loggiing into BT.

You can't browse the web from there but you should stay logged in. If you get the same results, then it would indicate that something may have gone wrong at your end. If it does stay logged in, then it may indicate that your problem lies with PN terminating the PPP connection at their end.

Either way, raising the ticket is the correct way to go about things - though I am sure they may ask you to see what the results of connecting to BT will be.
N/A

ADSL Connection dropping

Haven't tried the BT test site. No idea how to ...

Wolf
Community Veteran

ADSL Connection dropping

Have a look at this, the section "Login Problems - Test Logins" is the bit you need to follow:

http://portal.plus.net/central/forums/viewtopic.php?t=9565

I hope this helps.

Post back if you still struggle and Im sure others will join in to help.
Ben_Brown
Grafter

ADSL Connection dropping

The instructions for the BT Speedtest can be found here as well.
Community Veteran

ADSL Connection dropping

Any joy Wolf?
N/A

ADSL Connection dropping

I haven't tried it yet. Up to my eyeballs ... working on the photographs from a private commission. Customer always comes first - and that's how it should be.

Talking of which, customer service is actually one of PlusNet's strong features. Very impressive, very competent.

Situation was not too bad this p.m. although I was disconnected again at some point in the evening, as happens every evening. No problems getting re-connected this time.

Tech support are apparently looking into it.

Wolf