cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ABSOLUTELY NO SUPPORT FOR LOYAL CUSTOMERS

N/A

I have been trying for 6 months to get some help from F9. I finally contacted the sales department and recieved a reply from a [censored]

This reply was abrupt, did nothing to help and told me I had to cancel in the correct way!!

I replied, of course stating that a cancellation was NOT what I was asking for. I was asking for help and could he please pass on my problem to someone who could deal with it.

I got his reply today. NOW he wants me to PAY goodness knows how much to phone someone.

I am disabled. I barely have enough money to feed myself. PLUS I am deaf so a phone is completely out of the question!!

Good grief! What do you have to do to get help around here?

I cannot even "cancel" as he so abruptly put it. There IS no cancellation form anywhere in the "contact us" area.

I have only just been able to access this area. Until today it would not accept my login deatails. May [censored] had something to do with this after I mentioned breach of contract ti him?

I have had enough. This is the one and only time I have ever asked for help in 5 years. I tendered a possible immediate solution to my problem and was slapped down by someone who knows nothing about my problem.

I AM cancelling my account. MY way. The direct debit will be cancelled within 5 minutes of sending this post.

[ Moderators Note: Please refrain from posting the names of individual staff members]
8 REPLIES
N/A

It's a shame you have only just been able to get access to this forum, or either of the F9, PN newsgroups because i'm sure Ian would have stepped in to try and resolve your problem.

I'll use myself as a for instance. I was in your frame of mind and actively looking for a new ISP until intervention. I am now hapy with my service and the service (eventually) was above and beyond what should reasonably be expected.

Regards

Mark
N/A

I know what you mean

All I can say is at least you're connected. I have been active for almost a week and still can't get my ADSL logged in. I am doing this with my dial-up (which I had hoped to cancel when the broadband was set up, I have now had a further months payment taken!) The support staff do talk to you as though you are stupid and know nothing about computers. It would be nice to be given some credit and not to have to do all the "leg work". Surely as support staff they should be supporting us and not fobbing us off. We are, after all, paying them. I live in hope that I may get connected this year some time and that the service is as good as I had been told it was by the person who referred me. I hope you get it sorted out Goonan.
N/A

Sorry You've leaving

Hi goonan
I am very sad to here you've had such a bad experience, I've also been a loyal F9 customer and Yes! F9 are not perfect, and Yes! there have been times when things could have been much better. On the whole I've had a positive experience. I am clearly one of the people who enjoys a good quality service from my ADSL. But I wish you well and hope you find another ISP who can provide you with the kind of service you rightly deserve, best regards Ivan

Sad
Ianwild
Grafter

Hi,

There is not an easy way to reply to this without seeing the orignal communication between yourself and the sales team. Was it just that the sales team asked you to ring support (On an 0845 local rate number which supports typetalk and other such systems) in order to sort out your account details? If it was a case that you needed portal access for something this might have bene the reply you got, as using email we simply cannot speak to you in reference to account details, due to the restrictions of the data protection act and our own security policies.

Given that your account is now scheduled for cancellation (You received a reply to your Contact Us ticket, our online support system, within 40 minutes of your original request), I'm not sure there is anything further I can offer to assist you here. I would however still be interested in hearing about what the question you asked was and the specifics of the resposne you got - obviously it does sound like there has been a communication breakdown somewhere.

Regards,

Ian
N/A

I just tried to reply to a private response to this post.

After typing it out and sending it, I find it has not gone! I was back at the login oage and it said either my username or pass was invalid!

The "auto login" function mentioned on the portal is impossible to find, as the link to it goes nowhere.

Typical really.
N/A

Ian Wild - if you want to contact me about the details of my problem, please do so via email as these forums do not work well.

Please use my main email address of ann@algy.org as I do not download f9 email any more, I simply scan the headers and delete it at the server.

Thankyou
Ianwild
Grafter

The autologin feature can be found in the "Connection settings" menu on the left hand side....

I'm happy to email if you wish, but it would probably be better if you sent me over what you need to via email. My address is iwild@plus.net - I will be happy to look into the communication you had, but as I say I'm not entirely sure what further response I can offer.

Regards,

Ian
N/A

Okay. We'll leave it as it is and just let the cancellation go through.