cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A wee bit annoyed about Easystart package

willow147
Grafter

A couple of weeks ago I signed up for the Home package package (£21.99 a month) and bought my own hardware. My exchange is not due to be upgraded until tomorrow (Aug 20th) so I wanted to be ready.

I didn't go for the Easystart as I felt that £27.99 was just too much.

How annoyed am I now that the price has come down to only £24.99 a month and includes Spam filtering and anti-virus checking on e-mails (as well as modem and activation charges).

Am I the only one who has a bee (and a big one at that) put into their bonnet over this.

Is it now too late to change my package to an Easystart package (I can sell the modem I bought). I seem to recollect an e-mail from PlusNet saying that I cannot change (where EasyStart is concerned at least).

I would be interested to hear PlusNets views on this.

regards

P.S.

Sorry for the rant but I had to get it off my chest.
8 REPLIES
N/A

To my understanding, you can only charge the package with 4 or more days left until activation of your line.

Easystart has allways inlcuded the spam and virus protection.

However, yes it has reduced in price.

At 24.99 a month, this is eceptional value for money and more than worth what is is on offer.
willow147
Grafter

Thanks for the information but it doesn't really make me feel any better.

Am I contractually commited now to my package bearing in mind that no money has yet been exchanged?

Had I known about any price reduction on the easystart I would almost definately have gone with that package.

regards
Community Veteran

I'd contact PlusNet... this is a bit of a grey area, as PlusNet don't normally mind you upgrading packages, but I have to wonder whether this is an "upgrade" as far as PlusNet are concerned...

Thomas
Simon_M
Grafter

I'd contact PlusNet...

Sound advice, but I expect wagle thinks he already has. He is, after all, posting in a Plusnet forum accessed from the Plusnet portal in a forum called Customer Feedback.

Insiders may know that it only counts as "official" if you click through from "Help & Support" rather than "Member Centre", but I don't think that Plusnet make that very clear. This may be one for Ian Wild to address.
Community Veteran

That's not the problem... no doubt, someone from the Comms Team will provide a suitable answer in this thread. However, if you use link:Contact Us, you generally get a much speedier reply. Smiley

Thomas
willow147
Grafter

Thanks for all your input.

As was said, I have contacted plusnet direct as well as through this forum. They did respond pretty quickly with my first question although a then posted a reply to the ticket but have not heard a reply yet (do I need to do anyhting other than reply to the ticket).

The repsonse from them was that I could change to the EasyStart package as my application had been rejected (due to my exchange not having been upgraded (done tomorrow - 20th Aug).

I may stay with the Home package as I don't want to delay in any way me getting broadband and think that changing packages at this stage could well put a spanner in the works.

Again apologies if I was a bit too much on the opffensive in my first post but it had been one of those days at work.

Of all the contact I have had with Customer Support I have nothing but praise (especially their speed of response compared with other ISP's).

regards
N/A

Changing packages at this stage will not throw a spanner in the works.

Infact, seeing as the order is rejected and needs re-submitting, now is the best tiem to change.
Ianwild
Grafter

Yes, I woulden't see a problem with this in principle, as has been said it is a bit of a grey area and given how few people this affects it's probably going to get left to the discretion of whoever reads your ticket.

I'm on nights this week, which makes it hard for me to respond to this in a timely fashion (Sorry), but iof you want to contact me directly by email I can look into the best way forward for you without delaying things too much.

Regards,

Ian