Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A thunderbird using query

Luzern
Pro
Fixes: 2

I receive emails addressed to my default gersau@gersau into my local folders. If I want to use Thunderbird to send emails using gersau@gersau, how do I set up Thunderbird and plusnet?

gersau is hown in PN as default with no editing buttons in configure mailboxes.
No one has to agree with my opinion, but in the time I have left a miracle would be nice.
6 REPLIES
Community Veteran

I'm assuming these emails are downloading in to Thunderbird using an already defined account?

If so, go to Tools -> Account Settings [May be somewhere else on Windows/Linux, but on the Mac that's where it is] and select your account. You can then click Manage Identities on the right hand pane, and add new From names / addresses by following the simple guide.

Then, when you bring up a compose window, you'll be able to use a dropdown menu to select which account you wish to send the email from.

Documentation on this feature can be found at MozillaZine
N/A

If you've not already explicitely defined gersau@gersau as a mailbox (your question isn't entirely clear) then you can go to Email Settings and click on Configure Mailboxes.

There is help available here (video) and here (static) along with the server settings you need to set up a new account.
Luzern
Pro

Name Type
gersau default
gr mailbox edit delete

pm mailbox edit delete

pmg mailbox edit delete

qx mailbox edit delete

az mailbox edit delete

xy mailbox edit delete

Suggstions are not bringing much luck. As you can see from the copy of what appears, when I click on ‘configure mail boxes’ ‘gersau@gersau is the default, but I caanot find a way to send fusing that account or edit it.
No one has to agree with my opinion, but in the time I have left a miracle would be nice.
costich
Grafter

I use Thunderbird with no problems. In my understanding, the mailboxes are for incoming mail. Outgoing POP3 mail uses the plusnet SMTP server. If you go to Tools > Account Settings > Outgoing Server (SMTP), and then add the outgoing server "relay.plus.net" as the default, this may be what you are looking for (it is what I am using anyway). Good luck.
Luzern
Pro

Solved Cheesy must be my age!
N/A

Apologies, that was me being stupid and not checking before I answered.

All PN accounts have a postmaster mailbox that cannot be edited or changed, this is the default mailbox for your account and all other addresses will be sent here unless explicitely created as mailboxes or re-directs.

I forgot that this postmaster mailbox is actually your username and not "postmaster".

To send using this mailbox simply configure your e-mail software using "gersua@gersua.plus.com" as your "from" and "reply to" addresses.

In your case "gersua" will be your username and you'll need to use your main account password.

Servers are mail.plus.net and relay.plus.net

Don't forget to uncheck the "Use name and password" option in Thunderbird as PlusNet's relay isn't authenticated and your password will fail.