cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A suggestion.

N/A

A suggestion.

Can I suggest that before a new customers order is placed by Plusnet to BT that if the customers line shows that the 2meg speed is not showing as being achievable, then Plusnet do not go ahead with placing the order.
Instead Plusnet should inform the customer of the speed they can achieve and allow the customer to make an informed choice as to whether they want to proceed.

I think this would be far more ethical than going ahead and giving customers a slower connection for the same price.

I know that this is not only a practice that Plusnet have, most other ISP's do the same, but that just makes them all wrong. Plusnet could grab a healthy dose of kudos if they implement a policy like the one I suggest.
9 REPLIES
Community Veteran

A suggestion.

Moved to the ideas forum.
Community Veteran

A suggestion.

That seems reasonable enough.
Community Veteran

A suggestion.

I think it would be great step forward in isp to customer / honesty. I signed up believing that I would get 2mb and also encouraged my family to sign up for the cheaper 14.99 package.

When I finnaly went live with plusnet I was on 1mb and paying 21.99 whilst my family were on 2mb for 14.99. To say I was miffed was an understatement.

Thankfully I managed to get plusnet to get bt to re-test my line as my stats were good enough for 2mb and I now have 2mb but I was very dissapointed to still be expected to pay 21.99 for less that my family. I know what the T&Cs say but this dosn't make it fair. If you can't top speed you should be able to downgrade without incurring charges.

If plusnet want to stay a market leader then a policy like this would probably enourgae more customers as they'd be happier to know that if they can't get the full 2mb then they'll still have a great service but at a lesser cost.

thumbs up from me

alan
N/A

A suggestion.

what a brilliant idea any chance PN could make this company policy
N/A

A suggestion.

what? honesty?
N/A

A suggestion.

Maybe I've mised something here, but it's BT that ultimately determine what line speed is achivable and not Plus Net.
N/A

A suggestion.

i think that if PN are aware that your line can only take 1mb and sign you up for a " up to 2mb " and then dont let the customer know till after they sign up, then you cannot blame BT, the blame must lie with the vendor
Community Veteran

A suggestion.

AFAIK pn are not aware until you signup. What Aaron has stated is correctes it is solely BT who determine what speed your line will support. However that doesn't stop plusnet from sending a email out if someones line can't support 2mb?

Personally I think it would look very professional and if it were me I'd be more likely to stay.
N/A

A suggestion.

However that doesn't stop plusnet from sending a email out if someones line can't support 2mb?

When? when BT have told them? I thought they did that already, if they don't they should be. It's very difficult for PN because even if your line actually looks like it could support 2Mb for example, BT can still turn it down. Vice-versa, you line might be very border line and BT could accept it.