cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A reminder of why I like plusnet

N/A

I want a "Porsche Lamborghini Ferrari Zoomer" too. Don't know how much they cost,

They're great aren't they? Cost = umptygazillions!

but hey, if you get enough referrals, well who knows Smiley

Yeah, I'm thinking not so much Sunday League, more like Premier League astroturfing to reach my goal. Cheesy
23 REPLIES
N/A

Today has been a good example of why I like plusnet. An upgrade went wrong but they had a backout plan in place and posted regular updates until the problem was resolved. What more can we ask for?

Well done plusnet Cheesy
Ben_Brown
Grafter

Thanks for the comments.

It was unfortunate what happened today, but as you said we had a backout plan which we rolled out as soon as we could and we managed to resolve the problem swiftly.
N/A

Well I don't feel that way about plus.net . i think the service has seriously deteriorated over the past few months due to the implementation of transparent proxies, port and protocol blocking, dropping of encrypted e-mail ,appalling customer service and this dreadful astroturfing in the forums, which is why I'm looking at other ISPs.
N/A

Mat31337,

No one is astroturfing on these forums, in fact, I'm surprised you think people are. Espcially considering you've gone to the trouble of providing a link to meaning, for those who don't know the term.

Have you looked at what it means, and what your saying...
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 70

this dreadful astroturfing in the forums, which is why I'm looking at other ISPs.

We do not 'astroturf' and any implication that we do is quite simply absurd. Only those with subscription accounts are able to post here and besides, what good would astroturfing do on a forum that comprises entirely of customer's you already have?? I doubt you are seriously under the impression that we do this but just for the record, we do not pay anybody to post on these forums.

Regards,

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Products Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

N/A

The astroturfing is a reference to a fake grassroots campaign. I keep being told by your customer support that we do X because people on the forum request it.
Therefore as many of the regular posters here work directly for plus.net it would be very easy to create a fake grassroots campaign.
If you work for plus.net and post here during your normal employment hours from work that would certainly in my book rate as being paid to post on this forum, and certainly plus.net employees will have few bad things to say about the service and will represent plus.net's views and policy.
N/A

Creating the impression of public support for an organisation by paying people to act as if they're members of the public supporting the organisation. When really, the whole thing is staged.

How is a member posting with plusnet staff under their name acting as if they are a member of the public?
Community Veteran

Anyone who signs up for an 0845 dial up account can post cant they?

And astroturfing would certainly be a way of making the people who are disgruntled look like the minority rather than the majority.

If PN haven't considered it, they should.

Mind you, it would take some getting past those pesky finance folk...
N/A

0845 users can only post in the guest forum, unless they're given special permission.
Stef
Grafter

Well I don't feel that way about plus.net . i think the service has seriously deteriorated over the past few months due to the implementation of transparent proxies, port and protocol blocking, dropping of encrypted e-mail ,appalling customer service and this dreadful astroturfing in the forums, which is why I'm looking at other ISPs.

To be honest I haven't visited these fora recently because my PLUSnet services have been 'just humming' , just the way I like it - no worries. All ISP's are introducing restrictions of one sort or another at the moment and it's a complete pain. If PlusNET blocked something I was using I might have to move too and with anything 'Internet' I have to keep everything under review on a month/month basis. I would certainly like to stay with Plusnet. As a charity/SME they offer me a service that is a good balance of price/service and ideally I want to sign up many more circuits...

Having said that if they 'blocked' something we were using then we would have to move too...

PS I am not an astroturfer and I think I can ususally spot the 'staff' from the 'users'...
suec45
Grafter

Geez I cant wait until all these moaners have finally moved their other 'super' ISPs they are all migrating to.

You know the ISPs, the ones that cos £12.99 a month for a 4 megabit, 1:1 contention, unlimited package.

It seems that every thread has got some kind of whinner hijacking it Sad

Please, enuff already!! You have said you are not happy and u are leaving. We know this x100. Now please migrate and be done with it.
Ben_Brown
Grafter

You know the ISPs, the ones that cos £12.99 a month for a 4 megabit, 1:1 contention, unlimited package.

Well, Demon do a 2MB 1:1 contention unlimited package for only £355+VAT per month....
pcorker
Grafter

What "in" word is the opposite of astroturfing?
I.e. faking public opinion with the intention of rubbishing an organisation for paid or churlish reasons?
Ben_Brown
Grafter

I've no idea, if you find out I'd like to know! Wink