cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A quick question about Level 1 usage

N/A

Hi all,

I've just reached Level 1 usage or something like that and thats ok. I agree I've download a lot so far this month.

But I was just wondering...will my speeds go back to 2MB after midnight? or will they stay Level 1 (ie 512k) speeds till my next payment?
7 REPLIES
JonathanW
Grafter

After mdnight, the shaping is lifted and your speeds will return to being as fast as possible.
N/A

thank you very much Smiley
aeroalfie
Grafter

You don’t say which account you are on - just to clarify if you are on BB+ “your speeds will return to being as fast as possible.” only applies to certain protocols, HTTP, gaming, VoIP and a couple of others - files sharing is still shaped (meaning it will never be as fast as your line supports) like during the 16 hour peak time.
N/A

oh really?

Im on BB Premier and I meant NNTP protocol (USENET). So even after midnight my line is capped to Level 1?
aeroalfie
Grafter

There are No restriction on your account during the 7-8 hour off peak time - unless you are on BB+ then certain protocols are shaped peak and off peak 24/7 .
JonathanW
Grafter

No, on Premier everything will be as fast as possible after midnight. Its only on Plus that certain protocols are rate limited at all times of the day.
N/A

ahhhh gotcha. much appreciated.

:thumbs up: