cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A question for PlusNet

N/A

A question for PlusNet

I've just raised this ticket but I thought I'd post it here too as you alway get a quicker respone here:

Ticket 20930220

I have just requested and received a MAC code as I plan to migrate to another ISP. The reason for this is your extremely poor customer service, lost/delayed e-mails, wonky spam filter and terrible download speeds (200Kb on an 8Mb sync connection).

As you can see from my referrals I have over 40 customers who I have signed up to PlusNet over the past few years. I plan to migrate them too. I've just requested MAC codes for the first batch of 5 customers.

I have a question for you:

Why did you offer these customers this:

"As an incentive to stay, would you be willing to accept one month of free service as a gesture of goodwill? There would be no obligation (other than the contractual agreements above) to stay after this. We would also be willing to specifically investigate any issues which you may have."

when I was made no such offer, despite having referred so many customers and having been a customer myself since 2000. Do you show no loyalty at all?
30 REPLIES
James
Grafter

A question for PlusNet

A few possible reasons.

- Generally a free month won't be offered to a customer with relatively heavy usage (ie: someone that costs us more than we are paid.)

- The person who relpied to the ticket didn't follow the normal guidelines.

Appreciate this may seem a little bit harsh, and it's possible that the person who responded to your account was unaware that you were a decent sized reseller of ours.
N/A

A question for PlusNet

So let me get this right:

You don't want my business as I cost you more than you are paid?

I'm glad to be out of here with that kind of attitude. You guys never cease to amaze me with your rudeness.
James
Grafter

A question for PlusNet

I didn't say that. I said it could have been a potential reason.

As it happens, the person that responded to your ticket, wasn't a member of the team that normally deals with cancellations, hence him not using the standatd ticket reply.

However, if you pay us £21.99 and cost us £25 a month, could you possibly explain to me, how that is a poor attitude to have? Or do you feel that we should be offering free months left, right and centre to customers that are costing us money?
N/A

A question for PlusNet

It's YOUR problem that your not charging enough, not mine.

I don't class myself as a particularly heavy user - I've had one warning about approaching my fair usage level since I had broadband installed over 2 years ago.

I am apalled at the way you speak to your customers.
michaelscott
Grafter

A question for PlusNet

With all those referrals, don't you think he's making you money?
Liam
Grafter

A question for PlusNet

It is possible that this wasn't taken into account. Quite probably, yes. And it would be a shame to see him go.

I still don't think it makes sense to offer free months to the heavy users that cost us more than they pay. It would not be fair on the majority of users, for a start.

Referrals are the key to our Business. It's how we motivate ourselves to do as much as we can to provide a good service. It is the reason we spend day and night working hard to make things better.

We don't just throw money into tv adverts or similar. That may well generate us tens of thousands of signups - but it's not what we want.
N/A

A question for PlusNet

Thanks michaelscott, at least you can see the bigger picture.

The point is I am NOT a heavy user.

James Bailey, your attitude sucks.
James
Grafter

A question for PlusNet

No, yu guys are missing my point. I was offering possibile explanations. I am confident after looking into the ticket that your usage was *not* the reason why you were not offered a free month. I am however confident, as, which I'm sure I mentioned earlier, that the reason why you were not offered a free month was because the agent that replied to your ticket was not aware of the protocol that we had been following.

Nothing more sinister than that. An honest mistake.
N/A

A question for PlusNet

I wondered why I didn't get the standard offer when I requested mine yesterday.
N/A

A question for PlusNet

The point is I am NOT a heavy user.

That is subjective, Plusnet think you are, therefore on the Plusnet network you are a heavy user. You do not have to reach your peak time limit to be considered a heavy user by Plusnet.

In fact you could be one of the users who has their connection managed/throttled/shaped whatever it is Plusnet are calling it, BEFORE you have reached any limits in the FUP/AUP/SUP.
Neil_A
Grafter

A question for PlusNet

In fact you could be one of the users who has their connection managed/throttled/shaped whatever it is Plusnet are calling it, BEFORE you have reached any limits in the FUP/AUP/SUP.

Not true. We are not specifically managing any customers before usage allowances. It's the product usage allowance that counts:
http://www.plus.net/support/broadband/network/traffic_management.shtml

Not the SUP - we have never sold our products with the view of delivering the SUP levels.
http://www.plus.net/support/broadband/network/sustainable_usage_guide.shtml
They are there purely to stop people continuing to use their service after they have gone through management levels. We keep the management levels reasonably loose (i.e. http is at 512kbps on mngt level 3) so that people who accidentally or occasionally breach their allowance don't get an unusable service for web / email / gaming.
N/A

A question for PlusNet

No, yu guys are missing my point.

And what point is that, exactly? That some users are an unbearable burden that you'd rather see the back of?

..the reason why you were not offered a free month was because the agent that replied to your ticket was not aware of the protocol that we had been following.

Which begs the question, what was he/she doing answering tickets?

Nothing more sinister than that. An honest mistake.

Apology (?) accepted..

So, anyway, I'm I getting a free month then?
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Re: A question for PlusNet

As you can see from my referrals I have over 40 customers who I have signed up to PlusNet over the past few years. I plan to migrate them too. I've just requested MAC codes for the first batch of 5 customers.

Are you saying that the customers are also suffering from poor download speeds?

You are aware that even if you migrate you could still be earning referrals from Plusnet I hope. Can you get that if you take them to another ISP.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£13/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
James
Grafter

A question for PlusNet

Basically, over the last 2-3 months, the Comms Team have been handling the "Real Time Cancellation" ticket pool. Right now, we're trying to get into a place where we can pass this task back to the CSC so that we can get back to talking to you guys, hence my recent posting frenzy here over the last couple of weeks. We've been finalising the cancellations process today (or rather Mand has) so that they're all aware of how we have been dealing with the requests.

The agent was merely dealing with a ticket that was in a ticket pool that he was handling.

I'm more than happy to offer you a free month if you were to stay, but you haven't given any indication of whether or not you plan to yet?

I really am very sorry that this has caused quite so much grief, but it really was an honest mistake.