cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A problem with an extension.

N/A

I've recently had a problem where a telephone extension cable got mangled and consequently caused all kinds of problems with my phones and adsl line. I've been Max'd, and before the mangled telephone extension, I was seeing a BRAS rate of 7000, but since having replaced the offending extension line with an even better quality one, my BRAS rate is now set to 500 Sad
I understand I can try to manually reset this (I'm syncing at 7.6 every time) by reconnecting every day for three days. Now, does this mean simply disconnect, then reconnect, or do I have to switch everything off and wait 15 minutes before reconnecting each time?
Thanks.
Also, since I know I have a perfectly stable line (having previously been on 2mb without any problems, and the constant good sync rate), is there any way of setting a manual minimum rate on the BRAS profile?
1 REPLY
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Hi,

So long as the router remains sync'd at the higher rate for 3-5 days then the BRAS speed rate should be automatically increased. Any extra rebooting shouldn't really be necessary in this situation as this part of the Dynamic Line management process seems to work quite well (at least in terms of what it was designed to do).

Unfortunately there's no way of manually setting the BRAS profile, this will change as and when the sync rate changes and you can't set a manual value.