cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A positive comment - Plusnet please read

thehatman
Grafter

I like the package I am on. And I suspect it is likely to become more competitive as other providers like Talk Talk offer broadband and phone for only £20 or thereabouts.

I think some help staff are, well, very helpful.

And I realise that an internet service is more complicated at the user end than say, putting electricity in my sockets.

But PLEASE Plusnet, sort out these continued problems - the email outage, the insideous throttling for some, the tickets left unanswered for days, the Help Assistant that hides the button for actually being able to ask a member of support staff a question and the phones unanswered for 45 minutes.

Good business surely shoudln't be about taking people for all they've got and then turning your back on them - customers who've been with you since your early days.

Look how rumour floods the internet and damages your reputaion. Look at the anger on this board.

I, and others I'm sure, want to like Plusnet, but it just can't be recommended currently.

Recently, during the email outage, a member of support staff commented that he was one of only two people available to post up a comment here on the problem.

Why is a company that turns over millions of pounds leaving just two people available for this?

If the bosses attitude is "we don't care, just give us your money" that will continue to damage your reputaion and lose you customers.

And if that isn't their attitude then they've surely got something very wrong when customers get that impression.

Oh, and could you answer my ticket outstanding two days. I've decided to go with you for the phone service but you seem to have no interest in helping me make the switch.

I'd be most interested to see a comment from Plusnet on this thread and to know that this is seen high up.

Thank you.
9 REPLIES
thehatman
Grafter

No response on here from PN yet.
JonathanW
Grafter

I'd have responded earlier, if I'd seen it and if I'd been in work at the time Smiley

We are working hard on resolving the current problems that customers are experiencing. The email outage is something that we believe is now resolved but we can't be sure until after the weekend, when the servers are under full load again.

As for the level of support, we have just made some big changes to the way our support centre operates, and this should see things improve. However, in the short term we do have a large back log of faults and generic support requests. We're working on reducing these, both during regular working hours and through dedicated memebers of staff putting in extra hours during their spare time. But this isn't going to sort itself out over night, so in the short term we ask that customers be as patient as possible.

With regards to people who make service status posts, this is changing as well. With the changes to the CSC we want to be able to have any one of the agents put together an appropriate post and put it out through the service status tool.
N/A

I think you are glossing things over here - PN must concede there has been a considerable drop in levels of service. A member of your staff told me that things would be like this for the forseeable. PN are in chrisis!
thehatman
Grafter

I hope very much that Plusnet is not going down the rip-off route.

Like I say, wheh it all works I like the deal I've got. But the points i've raised do need attention.

The Wizards that guide customers through sending a support ticket for instance. They do hide the button for asking questions. And phones aren't answered for a long time.

You're getting to be like one of those big companies that keeps saying "this is all for your convenience" but really it is not.

Thanks for your response though Jon. Smiley
Mand
Grafter

Hi

It's not a case of glossing things over.

We have made some huge changes to the way we work recently, including a complete overhaul of the CSC. We know that support has deteriorated recently and want to return to the days when no one could beat us for support levels or quality.

Whilst I think the wording the agent you spoke to wasn't accurate, he is correct that this situation cannot be magically resolved overnight. It's going to take a lot of hard work and time from us to restore the previous service and customer confidence, and this is something we are all anxious to do (who needs sleep anyway? Cheesy).

The Help Assistant is being constantly updated and the feedback you have given has already been raised. This should be accomodated shortly.
N/A

The email outage is something that we believe is now resolved but we can't be sure until after the weekend, when the servers are under full load again.

Or just a lazy Sunday mornings peak email! :lol:
thehatman
Grafter

Thank you Mand.

Smiley
joncooper
Grafter

I had to phone CS this morning and got through to a live person within 5 mins, he was helpfull and resolved my issue easily and without hassle

still hate the recorded voice telling me to use the portal, even after I'd pushed the button indicating I had a connection problem

oh, and the note left in 'my questions' also mentioned using the portal, aarrgghh.
shermans
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

We know that support has deteriorated recently and want to return to the days when no one could beat us for support levels or quality.

This is actually what I personally like about Plusnet. Despite any faults which they may have - and I am not complaining - Plusnet is one of the most approachable businesses with which I deal. No doubt they are not perfect, but they do acknowledge things usually when they go wrong, and it is that openness which makes people stay with them. What other company is ever going to admit that "We know that support has deteriorated recently" ? Go on, name one !

As I have posted elsewhere, (https://portal.plus.net/central/forums/viewtopic.php?t=45368) I have just had to take BT to Court because they charged me £35.00 for a call-out for which I was not responsible. It ended up with BT paying me £330.00 plus all their legal costs in compensation because they were too arrogant to admit that they were wrong about a mere £35 ! As a result, I have also switched to the new Plusnet Phone package, so they have also lost my account altogether (I realise it probably makes no difference to BT because it is really BT with a Plusnet front-end).

But the point I am trying to make is that Plusnet's approachability distinguishes them. That is very much to their credit and no doubt makes customers more tolerant. So long as they continue to be open and approachable, they can count on my business. No matter where else you go, it is a fact of life that there will always be technical problems and there is no escaping it.