cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A new way of plus.net making money

N/A

Booking a support call with Plus.net used to be a dream. anytime day or night you could talk to someone who know you and answered the call generally on the spot. Now we have this stuipd contact us via the web portal, when the phone used to take 30 minutes on hold.

Now they have turned off the phone support so we have to redial and waste another 4 pence to reconnect only to hear that the support centre is to busy to answer your calls. This is a joke for a company that talks about customer service and last month took £100 from my account and has not answered my requests for a refund.

This is just not good enough.
4 REPLIES
N/A

My cynical perspective on this (the only type I have :lol: ) is that when companies operate in a growth industry, the impact of poor customer service becomes masked by corporate "good news"-increasing profits!

Customer service tends to come more in to focus as the market reaches maturity and there isn't a stream of additional consumers entering the marketplace.

Selling additional/add-on services, to satisfied customers, becomes more important to the profitability of the business, so the business then seeks to revolve in to "customer-friendly mode", and hope that existing customers have bad memories (I don't think we have :lolSmiley.

Sadly, I think that there are few companies of Plusnet's size, that genuinely recognize the value of loyalty, by backing it up with high standards of customer care.
N/A

Dont get me wrong

All the IT team in the office I work for use PN. We will use them if any one from managerment want to have a good ISp. But the customer support in the last 18 months has gone down hill bad.

I have been a customer of PN since 1997 and having only one break as they didn't do high speed I went to NTL... Another story. But I love the services they supply just support is getting worse.

Maybe if they stopped reading the news groups and answered the phone it would be a start
N/A

From what I can see they don't man the 0845 number anymore so you will have phone the premium number instead thus making them more profit. It sucks and as soon as I can I'm off to another ISP.
N/A

The Telephone, a wonderful invention, used for speaking, speaking to others, speaking to others is a wonderful thing, when others speak to you, it is also wonderful, when you speak to people and ask them for help, the people can help you whiel speaking to you. The Telephone, A wonderful invention. Seems a shame that plusnet dont know about it yet. But don’t go giving plsunet good ideas like, using a telephone to speak to people. Else they may start keeping more customers again, Shhh.