cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A moment of clarity

N/A

A moment of clarity

PN, I am sure given the unrest that has now taken over most of the forum a clear plain language statement (Plain Language Commission), would go a long way to calming user’s nerves.

Just set your stall out and give users the choice, either to find a new 8mb provider or wait for their free upgrade, something simple like the following:

Premier Option 1: Date – Date
Business Users: Date – Date
PAYG Users: Date – Date

This is a very simplistic view, but communication and more importantly clear communication, were you were all singing from the same sheet would help.

Simple man's view

Chris
5 REPLIES
N/A

A moment of clarity

Which just won't and can't happen.

It's a case of plus.net being at the mercy of BT and BT deciding how many people they can or will upgrade per day. BT can always reject requests for whatever reasons they feel fit and added all together it means the timescales are going to be very very flaky at best.

If someone wants a plain language statement, they could just say:
"All users will be upgraded for free to 8Mb speeds in the near future. This will happen shortly. When your account is upgraded you will receive an email with information about any changes you will have to make to your own computer setup. Any users who do not receive an email by {insert date} will find further updates at {insert web address}"

Then just wait.
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

A moment of clarity

Hi,

If I could post something as simple as that believe me I would, but unfortunately at the moment I can't.

At the moment the information is that the customers on the old up 4 and 8Mbps accounts currently have regrades in progress (or have already completed).

We've just received some further information about the regrades from BT Wholesale which means we should be able to give you an update on how things are going tomorrow, but unfortunately I can't say much more today.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

A moment of clarity

At the moment the information is that the customers on the old up 4 and 8Mbps accounts currently have regrades in progress (or have already completed).

Dave, please don't continue to insult us by posting half truths! It should read:

At the moment the information is that the customers on the old up 4 and 8Mbps accounts (except PAYG users) currently have regrades in progress (or have already completed).
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£13/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Midville
Grafter

A moment of clarity

I do hope its good news from BT, (fingers crossed). Smiley
N/A

A moment of clarity

At the moment the information is that the customers on the old up 4 and 8Mbps accounts currently have regrades in progress (or have already completed)..

Being one of those customers just to clarify if I may......... assuming that the information you have is correct; would it be after my billing date before I notice anything or would it happen before then?