cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A little clarity would be nice

N/A

Regrades. The process from my pov over the last week has been:

* Try to regrade through the plus.net website. fail.

* Raise ticket. Get told (10 hours later) to phone CS to regrade.

* Phone CS, give my debit card details. Get told to go through the website process again. Fail.

* Phone CS again. Get told it's a problem with replication & told to try again in a few hours. It didn't work but after another ticket (if I remember rightly ) it gets sorted finally.

* Recieve an email saying I've been put on Broadband Premier 30GB.

* Raise another ticket to tell plus they've put me on an annual when I requested a monthly contract.

* The contract gets changed to the one I asked for originally.

* Find out that I should recieve an email saying that BT have "accepted the order for your broadband regrade and are now processing it" - I haven't had this email. I've had nothing saying that the £14.99 fee has been taken either.

* Sit here debating whether to raise another ticket or look at migrating to another isp.

//

I've been with pn for ages and normally cs is pretty good and the website helpful, but there's nothing to give me any confidence in the regrade process. Initially all I new was it'd cost £15 to skip the queue, and that it'd take 5-7 days. That would have been fine if it I'd had a little more indication of it working but the only clues I'm getting are from the forums, and atm it isn't sounding good.

It'd be nice if there was something in the upgrade guide that spelt out what confirmation you should recieve and roughly when.
6 REPLIES
LiamM
Grafter

AFAIK, there is currently a slight delay with regrade orders being passed through to BT due to a large number of people who are making package changes since the new products were rolled out.

I believe there is a script running tomorrow which should collect all the current regrade orders and submit them to BT, but I wouldn't worry about it if everything has gone through OK.

You should find that you are on your regraded speed very soon as BT seem to be doing manual regrades relatively quickly at present.
N/A

So for me the '5-7 days' starts from tomorrow, rather than the 7th (or the 5th if you wanna count from when I first contacted pn re: regrading)?
LiamM
Grafter

Unfortunately, if it was only confirmed today that your regrade order has gone through, then yes. However, you should find yourself still regraded within the original time period, as regrades are happening as quickly as just a few hour from the request being made at present. Obviously, this isn't guaranteed, but as a general observation, it isn't taking anywhere near the full 7-10 days at present, on BT's end.
N/A

Thank you for choosing PlusNet Broadband Premier 30GB (Annual Contract, No
Modem) as your new account!

To confirm, your PlusNet account details are as follows:

Is that the regrade confirmation email? I got that on the 7th. I've not had one saying BT have accepted the order yet.
LiamM
Grafter

Did you choose to regrade your speed, or just change over to that package? I am assuming that you were previously on Broadband PAYG? Am I correct?
N/A

ADSL Home something - the really old £21.99 a month 512k 'unlimited' service.

All the info/help you've given is much appreciated, btw Smiley