cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A happy post

N/A

A happy post

In a sea of discontent, I would like everyone to know that I am happy. Cheesy

I received my speed regrade on Friday after waiting since the announcements were made at the end of last year! :roll:

Ok, it's only up to 1mb thanks to my distance and rather dodgy line, but since I signed up with Plusnet a year ago, and including the last few days since my speed upgrade, I can still count the number of random disconnections on one hand.

Thanks to the comms team, who have frequently had to deal with my requests for more info as to when I could expect my regrade, you probably won't hear from me for a while - least not till you provide a suggestion of when you'll be implementing ADSL 2+ in my area Wink

Thanks everyone for taking the time to read this, and I hope some of my happiness rubs off on you as I enjoy the warm glow of contenment.

Del.
13 REPLIES
N/A

A happy post

Isn't it BT with whom you should be happy? PlusNet are just any old ISP and have no control over the ADSL line charcteristics as AFAIK.
N/A

Not very happy are you

You seem to be kind of missing the point of my post and rather trying to urinate on my pile of burning sticks a bit here I think. Wink

PlusNet are my point of contact regarding my broadband service, not BT. Have you ever communicated with anyone at BT Wholesale? No, neither have I.

If I wanted BT to come and take a look at my dodgy wiring, they would almost certainly charge me £50 for the pleasure. BT in any of it's forms does not make me happy.

Regardless of who is responsible for my current positive outlook, I am still feeling pretty happy. Smiley
N/A

A happy post

Congratulations on the upgrade. I, like you, am stuck on 1meg at the moment. Be* have unbundled my exchange, but seem a bit of a cowboy outfit, so I am biding my time right now....
N/A

A happy post

Cheesy I'm as pleased as a pig in poo with my 1 MB.

Be* looks promising, but yeah I agree, I think they've still got to prove themselves. They could end up with a customer base as satisfied as Bulldog's if they don't.
N/A

Re: Not very happy are you

Have you ever communicated with anyone at BT Wholesale? No, neither have I.

- Got a call from someone there on Friday about my connection.
N/A

A happy post

I am also happy. Cheesy

Ever since a really efficient migration from AOL, I have been saving £10 per month, and for my money have received a faster and more reliable service for my needs, than I was receiving from AOL. The customer service has been excellent and has compared very favourably against that of my previous provider.

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
N/A

A happy post

anything beats AOL, lol
N/A

A happy post

According to voting at ADSL Guide, Plusnet rates higher for speed, reliability and customer service, than AOL, BT Broadband/BT Yahoo!, ntl World, Tiscali, Wanadoo, Bulldog, TalkTalk Broadband and virgin.net, to name some of the more well-known names.

That includes the top 5 providers (Broadband and dial-up- source: ispreview.co.uk) by subscriber numbers, which suggests to me, that Plusnet could provide a better value service than a high percentage of consumers currently receive from their existing provider.

Put another way, Plusnet provide competitive products. Not to everbody's requirements, but nevertheless a good option for many Broadband users.
N/A

Re: Not very happy are you

You seem to be kind of missing the point of my post..
I d that a lot. But not on here after tomorrow.
PlusNet are my point of contact regarding my broadband service, not BT
As would be any ISP
If I wanted BT to come and take a look at my dodgy wiring, they would almost certainly charge me £50 for the pleasure.
So PlusNet did this for free? Amazing.
N/A

response

So PlusNet did this for free? Amazing.

:roll: No fairway2005, that would be stupid.

As would be any ISP

Yes, and if it was some others as described by fellow happy users earlier in this topic, be a more helpful point of contact.

If you insist on picking at a persons character, or nit-picking and hair-splitting, maybe you should go find some big nerdy glasses and a huge book of old stamps. Evil

I think that as you are not on here after today, your reply is of no use to man or beast.

Kindly leave this topic alone. :!:
N/A

A happy post

Indeed...

It is thanks to PlusNet I have 1Meg (BT still reckons I am "unlikely" even for 512k) I dont think another ISP would have been so helpful when it comes to manually pushing an order through to BT Wholesale.
N/A

A happy post

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
I'm very happy, got a 1mb upgrade and things are fine. Would like 2mb but my line is unhappy about it.
Discostoo
Grafter

A happy post

anything beats AOL, lol

Actually, My AOL Dial-Up was faster.... Cry