cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A few gripes..

N/A

A few gripes..

I have been with plus.net for a few years and seem to be stuck with a product which is not entirely competitive. Here are a few points that someone from plusnet could comment on?

1) I am paying almost exactly the same for a 512 line as your new customers are paying for a 2MB line and I haven't heard anything more about the free upgrade for months. I'm on a month contract, do you really want your customers to move to another provider?

2) Referrals have gone from £1 to £0.25 in the time I have been with you. Bulldogbroadband offer their customers £20! per referral

The last time I spoke with a plusnet sales guy about this he suggested moving to another provider, believe it or not! I'm now tempted to take his advise, as I am seeing bandwidth levels dropping as low as 50kb/s ...I might as well plug the analogue modem back in!!
32 REPLIES
Alecto
Grafter

A few gripes..

£21.99 looks competitive for an "unlimited" 2Mb line though as far as I can see.
I've looked a the main names that I've heard of as reputable and they all seem to be dearer.
N/A

A few gripes..

Yes you're quite right, but that's what I'm paying for 512 through plusnet !!!
N/A

Re: A few gripes..

as low as 50kb/s

Assuming you mean kilobytes and not kilobits I should remind you that 50KB/s is still way over 10x faster than I ever got on 56k dial-up and far from "slow". In fact my dial-up was so bad that my 512k ADSL is in practice 14x faster than it.

PlusNet are doing what they can to upgrade all their customers to 2Mbps (or "as high as your line supports"). This involved them chucking BT the best part of half a million quid, but when BT receive an order for tens of thousands of lines to be regraded they can't do it at the drop of a hat. This is why they've prioritised by placing the higher used exchanges before the lesser used exchanges.

Cut them some slack and be patient for a week or two and things should hopefully start to even out. This is just a slight glitch in what has, for me, been 3 years of high quality customer service and Internet connectivity. I'm quite happy here and have no plans to move away. Of course I'm off to university in a few months' time, but that's another story Wink
Community Veteran

A few gripes..

£21.99 looks competitive for an "unlimited" 2Mb line though as far as I can see.
I've looked a the main names that I've heard of as reputable and they all seem to be dearer.

It is not unlimited you will be expected not to use it as a 1:1 connection and make sensible use that wont impact on other users.
N/A

A few gripes..

Assuming you mean kilobytes and not kilobits

...No I mean kilobits! ...on the floor! anyway plusnet have agreed to help the situation out, so I'm back to being satisfied with their customer service and will continue referring other users, although I still think that this is a waste of time for £0.25/month!
Alecto
Grafter

A few gripes..

unlimited ?

Sorry John, I didn't mean to rattle your cage. That's why I put it in quotes, since there is no limit stated, whereas the competitors either say that it is unlimited and charge a lot for it, or give you quite a small Gb allowance.

What term would you like me to use instead? Tongue
Community Veteran

A few gripes..

unlimited ?
What term would you like me to use instead? Tongue

I just wish I knew the answer to that one :?

The way I see it is that on a 2Mb connection then you would be using it at 5:1or more if you were to exceed about 120GB usage per month.
Plusnet wont actually quote a figure though so I assume that the occasional usage over that figure may be Ok but not month in month out. Smiley
Alecto
Grafter

A few gripes..

John
If you'd like me to edit out the "unlimited" in my previous post and paste in that load of stuff instead, just say. Tongue

Otherwise, I'll settle for "unlimited" - nudge nudge, wink wink, know what I mean? Tongue Tongue
Community Veteran

A few gripes..

No leave it as it is but I still cant think of a word to discribe it. :?
N/A

A few gripes..

I have requested my MAC code.

Leaving for a number of reasons, not all to do with the FUP though.

I prefere to know exactly what im getting, Nildram do 50gb on peak, unlimited off peak (12am - 8am) 2mb lines for £25. Bargain i feel.

Also im moving house soon, and plusnet do not subsidise customers to move their ADSL connection. Nildram do, so instead of £65 to move PN, i pay £14 to move house with nildram.

Dont know if many of you remeber, but i used to be a very pro PN customer, defending them very vocally on the forums in the BBP issue and such. I've lost all heart with them now and feel like a 2nd rate customer.
Community Veteran

A few gripes..

"bendy bandwidth"?
Community Veteran

A few gripes..

Hey I like that one (but it's 2 words). Cheesy
Community Veteran

A few gripes..

It was brought up before in a topic - I believe when thinking of a name for the tool that allows you to select your own speed.

Kind of fits in here too though Smiley
N/A

A few gripes..

No leave it as it is but I still cant think of a word to discribe it. :?

• Universal?

• Untold?

• Boundless?