cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A coprate vendetta

N/A

A coprate vendetta

Is there any redress for a company who has its business systematically put through the gutter by a hand full of people on the Internet in forums. I ask because its happening day in day out by a few disgruntled ex customers, that are trying any way they can to rubbish the name of PN day in day out . I know PN have a few faults but surly if you owned a business and people tried to sabotaged it. You would legally try and put a stop to it all. Wouldn't you ?
37 REPLIES
Community Veteran

A coprate vendetta

Sadly, although a few people do seem to have vendettas against PN, PN are hardly helping themselves out.

It appears as plain as the noses on every persons face that PN has a major issue with capacity, but rather than address this issue, thy continue to tinker with the Ellacoyas, in the faint hope that theyare the answer to all the problems.

This tinkering will no go on just long enough to see thehandover toBT though, and then as if by magic, the capacity issue becomes someone elses problem.

We are now seeing once "titanium" traffic hit by restrictions, many are suffering massive laency issues, making gamin impossible anyway, and allpackages have seen some sort of reduction in allowances almost month on month.

Remember when people goingover 100GB were the bad boys? Now its down to 30, and then down to 4GB on BB+. Customer numbes have risen sharply since the last increase in capacity, but the capacity has remained static.

Im a little bit upset today as after reading the updates today that tonight was to be the big test of the latest round of ellacoya twiddling, Im seeing a great 700ms latency, which makes the night of gaming I had planned a non starter.
N/A

A coprate vendetta

Bad news if true . Hopefully things will improve with the take over . To plusnet, this business is now a lame duck ? Still it does not excuse what others have done in other forums to satisfy their little vendetta against PN, unfortunately the customer has been forgotten over in this other forum
Community Veteran

A coprate vendetta

Hows this for a 4mb connection:

N/A

A coprate vendetta

See my connection is great and p2p is fine . Am i a minority or are you ?
Community Veteran

A coprate vendetta

If PN didn't have problems then that question wouldnt even have to be asked would it?

If they can explain exactly how my mate on the same exchange can have pings les than a 10th of mine and download speeds twice as fast even though his connection is a tenth the speed, then it would be easy enough to conclude exactly what is wrong.
_lecro_
Grafter

A coprate vendetta

Its been the same most of the day
I thought it was my system at fault but after testing it just seems to be getting worse

from an 8mb connection
N/A

A coprate vendetta

dustyjoe, its very easy to sit and criticise others for having a go at plusnet when your connection appears to be fine for some reason. your connection is the exception rather than the rule. the people who moan are ordinary hard working folk who are shelling out their money month after month to a company that has right royally screwed its customers and is continuing to do so. plusnet have continually lied and failed to provide the advertised service and not just by a small margin, they have failed massively. and all the while some people at the very top have gotten very very rich at the expense of those customers, who are pulling their hair out every night in the endless frustration at not having a working internet connection. they have every right to say what they like about plusnet and the way it has treated customers over the last year to eighteen months. whatever they say will be true. unfortunately. get off your high horse please.
N/A

Re: A coprate vendetta

You would legally try and put a stop to it all. Wouldn't you ?

As long as they are not stating anything considered to be corporate defamation there is not a lot Plusnet can do.

EDIT: I would also be very cautious about what you are stating on these forums as they are publicly viewable. You do not have to mention any names to defame somebody, insinuation is enough. You have insinuated that certain people are trying to sabotage Plusnet whilst persuing a vendetta.

Plenty of people here will know which forum you are referring to and the names of the people to which you allude.
bobbygeorge
Grafter

A coprate vendetta

Is there any redress for a company who has its business systematically put through the gutter by a hand full of people on the Internet in forums. I ask because its happening day in day out by a few disgruntled ex customers, that are trying any way they can to rubbish the name of PN day in day out . I know PN have a few faults but surly if you owned a business and people tried to sabotaged it. You would legally try and put a stop to it all. Wouldn't you ?

hehe, you make me laugh with that kind of flannel !!!!

just as well you are speaking for the minority, for gods sake, check out the posts on this forum. are you saying it's a few disgruntled ex customers :shock:

Do you realise plusnet have admitted the service is unacceptable, maybe you should get your facts correct before posting here and embarrassing yourself ..

we are paying plusnet with our hard earned cash for a pathetic failing service which has capacity and ellacoya problems multipying by the hour.

They are either incapable of addressing the issues or (as it seems) using delay tactics with an imminent BT takeover.

there is clearly no middle ground here and above all NO EXCUSE for this situation
N/A

As long as they are not stating anything considered to be corporate defamation there is not a lot Plusnet can do.

EDIT: I would also be very cautious about what you are stating on these forums as they are publicly viewable. You do not have to mention any names to defame somebody, insinuation is enough. You have insinuated that certain people are trying to sabotage Plusnet whilst persuing a vendetta.

Plenty of people here will know which forum you are referring to and the names of the people to which you allude.

So, I asked a valid question , no lies no names and if you know the forum and people I'm talking about that is only speculation, what you say works both ways . The point is that a lot of what has been said has been proven to be miss information. I like the way posters have turned this in to a for or against plusnet thing . I don't give a rats gonads about plusnet, i don't much care for little Hitlers going on and on about the same thing and telling little porkies along the way .

Now back to my original point, not about what you guys think of plusnet . :?
carrot63
Grafter

A coprate vendetta

As long as customers continue to have virtually no legal protection against ISPs with a "service is defined as what we fancy dishing out this week" attitude, I'd be quite happy for companies to have equally little redress against their disgruntled ex customers.
N/A

i don't much care for little Hitlers going on and on about the same thing and telling little porkies along the way .

And yet you think PN should sue ex-customers over bad press? I'm pretty certain Hitler wanted to do away with free speech as well.

I don't know which forums you are referring to as I don't tend to hang out chatting about ISPs (the net has more to offer than discussions about how you access the net), but how exactly would you prove that someone was lying? Did they claim that their speeds were rubbish? Or perhaps they had to hold on the phone for 2 hours? Maybe they waited a month for a reply to a support ticket? Moved to an alternative wholesale supplier with no warning and no way of getting back on BT? All of those would be facts that PN wouldn't even deny.

All of PNs latest updates and newletters have stated that they know they have a problem, how could anyone on a forum stating that PN has problems be construed as lying?

How about more facts and less name calling?
N/A

So, I asked a valid question , no lies no names and if you know the forum and people I'm talking about that is only speculation, what you say works both ways . The point is that a lot of what has been said has been proven to be miss information. I like the way posters have turned this in to a for or against plusnet thing . I don't give a rats gonads about plusnet, i don't much care for little Hitlers going on and on about the same thing and telling little porkies along the way .

Now back to my original point, not about what you guys think of plusnet . :?

It is blatantly obvious which forum and who you are referring to, no speculation is needed. Of course you would have to prove which other 'forums' you speak of where certain people are tryng to sabotage Plusnet. If they are spreading misnformation and tellin 'porkies' then Plusnet can sue them for defamation as in McDonalds v Steel & Morris.

If you don't give a damn about either Plusnet or the 'little Hitlers', why post about it in a Plusnet forum? It does not make sense.

As for your original point, I have now answered it twice, the only redress is to sue, or threaten to sue, as Plusnet already did regarding pr100 and his sig offering to underwrite legal costs to sue Plusnet.
N/A

A coprate vendetta

All this post has done has made me curious about which forum he's talking about. I'm not surprised that people are ranting about PN and as far as I can see nearly everyone who is complaining has a valid point.

When I signed up 2 years ago I was very happy but it has gone down the pan completely and speaking personally my connection has been completely (and unjustifiably) buggered by PN. Its taken over a month so far to get a MAC and get out as a result and although there is light on the horizon, I am not holding my breath.

I am aware that people in a similar position have been awaiting resolution of their problem for months. These are people with a substandard, low-quality service who are just trying to cancel and move elsewhere. They are already pissed off with the service and being completely unable to get out is just pissing us all off even more.

Look at it this way, imagine you got your electricity from Company X and they screwed up your service so that the maximum you could have on in your house was one 40W light bulb. You decide to transfer to Company Y for you electricity provision. In theory this should take a day or two but Company X tell you that they are working on it for the next 3 months. During that time, you are still paying a flat fee at a rate normally expected for full electricity provision and still only getting a 40W light bulb's worth. It takes 20 minutes to boil the kettle for one coffee, the TV stutters constantly and you can't have a light on while you watch it. DOn't bother trying to use an iron, heater or toaster.

Meanwhile you get junk mail on a regular basis telling you how great the customer support is for Company X's electricity customers.

Maybe that will help you understand how people feel about this.