cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A contract question??

N/A

A contract question??

Hi Guys

I'm coming round to the end of my annual contract at PN and I want to know how I can change from a yearly contract to a monthly one. I did have a monthly contract but after I moved house I decided (stupidly) to get an annual contract.

I do not like the way P changes the T&C's whenever they want without emailing ALL customers! :x

And if I do decide to leave then I dont want to have to pay a years worth of contract up.

I joined 23 Jan 2005 so I want to know how I can get back on a monthly contract when this annual one ends.

cheers
6 REPLIES
Community Veteran

A contract question??

First, the only recent change to the T&C was made a few months ago and ALL customers were emailed about it 20 days before it came into effect on 16th Sept 2005. Changes to things like allowances (SUP) and usenet limits are not part of the T&C so those changing do not mean the T&C have changed.

An annual contract becomes a monthly contract (meaning you only need to give 30 days notice in the 2nd and subsequent years of the contract) after 12 months, although it will still state it as annual on your product description.

In your case it will be 23rd Jan 2006 when you can give 30 days notice - unless you have changed products within the first 12 months when it's possible a new annual contract was started. Only PN can clarify that situation.
N/A

A contract question??

well that sounds ok then...

ok If i save this as proof?

Is this written down somewhere on the site that I can quote from??

Thanks again
Changes to things like allowances (SUP) and usenet limits are not part of the T&C so those changing do not mean the T&C have changed.

it IS a change of what we signed up for though
N/A

A contract question??

In your case it will be 23rd Jan 2006 when you can give 30 days notice - unless you have changed products within the first 12 months when it's possible a new annual contract was started. Only PN can clarify that situation.

Am I misunderstanding or are you implying the OP is actually in a 13-month contract? I would have thought s/he could give notice on the lead up to the end of the 12th month (i.e. 24th December)? (not forgetting to claim back, insistently if necessary, any overpayment for days not used once contract ends).

regards

Stuart
N/A

A contract question??

How are things like SUP enforcable if they do not form part of the agreed Ts&Cs?
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

A contract question??

Hi,

The SUP is a clarification of the part of the T's & C's regarding how we manage our network and makes clear what we consider unsustainable usage or what has a detrimental effect on other customers.
This policy has been in effect for over a year now, the SUP merely publishing the figures which customers asked for.
N/A

A contract question??

Ta - I think.

I had always thought of them as two separate things.