cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A bit disgusted with support at the minute

Studio_Two
Grafter

I was assisting a mate of mine to downgrade to broadband plus (saving him £10 per month).

I have already unsuccessfully broached PlusNet about advising customers who may be "paying too much". Essentially, my mate was getting charged £24.99 for less than 1GB Bandwidth - he was a bit upset when I pointed this out to him.

Apparently the £14.99 regrade fee has to be taken by credit card, so he entered card details via the portal (I saw him do this).

Lo and behold, he still got charged £24.99 again this month. Apparently there is no record of the card details within the portal.

The ticket number is 18893054

Here is the response from support:

"Unfortuantely there is not a card on this account, this may be a error if it is displaying on your member center.

I would surgest trying to resubmiting the details or giving us a call to update over the phone. "

However, after waiting half an hour this morning (and trying numerous times to get through yesterday) he was told that credit card details could only be entered via the portal (and could not be taken over the telephone).

He is about to terminate his agreement.

Thanks,
Stephen
11 REPLIES
JonathanW
Grafter

Unfortuantely, the agent who added that response onto the ticket didn't correctly advise your friend, as it isn't possible to update card detials over the phone, and is generally more secure to use the option on the Member Centre. I've had a quiet word with the agent, and when he gets out of traction I'm sure he won't do it again Cheesy

I've also added an update onto your friend's ticket that should hopefully resolve this situation.
N/A

Unfortunately this is all too common at the moment and I think it's causing almost as much annoyance to the Comms team (who always sort these mistakes out) as it is to customers. This is evident from the number of CSC Agents turning up in A&E recently Wink
N/A

Hmm, the CSC agents really have gone downhill in the last 2.5 years. I made my first call in a VERY long time (many, many, months) last night and I have to admit, it was possibly the most dire experience I've had. I had to ask the agent if he wanted my username and then he didn't even ask me for a password or the 2 digits randomly selected. I'm not sure if policy has changed but dear me, I was shocked. I also then received an ambiguous answer. Oh well, it's a sign of the times these days.

EDIT: Poor grammar and spelling - it was early and my brain wasn't on.
JonathanW
Grafter

There certainly hasn't been a policy change, at the start of the call every agent should let you know his name and then take your usename and two characters from the password.
N/A

Well, that was certainly not the case last night. It might have been because it was 12:30am but that is no excuse - nor is there an excuse for the number of spelling mistakes I made in my last post - truly shocking.
N/A

I have also phoned (when I could actually get past the engaged tone) and not been asked my username or 2 digits.
MysteryFCM
Grafter

Very rarely get asked for the last 2 chars
N/A

I've only phoned once and wasn't asked

/snitch
N/A

I have to admit I have always been asked for mine on occassions I have called.
N/A

i have to admit to that even though im not happy with the way c/s have worked

and not helped my situation

they have always asked my user name and last to didgits

even if they do give me difrent answers every time and difrent said on here
N/A

Unfortuantely, the agent who added that response onto the ticket didn't correctly advise your friend, as it isn't possible to update card detials over the phone, and is generally more secure to use the option on the Member Centre. I've had a quiet word with the agent, and when he gets out of traction I'm sure he won't do it again Cheesy

I've also added an update onto your friend's ticket that should hopefully resolve this situation.

Jon,

Thank you for your prompt assistance. Hopefully, the problem is now sorted to everyone's satisfaction.