cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A Very Spooky Thing Just Happened With My Usenet Problem

joe
Dabbler

I posted a message recently re my Usenet or rather Usenot problems - http://portal.plus.net/central/forums/viewtopic.php?t=54273

I have just raised a ticket - which has just been ackowledged. I was also thinking of leaving PN if the changes to my Usenet service are a permanent feature. I don't really want to leave - been with PN for over 5 years now and its been good. Well anyway as I am thinking of how best to tackle the issue of leaving, hey presto, - from nowhere - my Usenet goes back to normal - right just now as I am wrestling with leaving. If it has mysticaly fixed itself - great. On the other hand maybe PN has seen my thoughts and responded - if so, what can I say, the ISP that knows what you are about to do before you do it - awesome.
3 REPLIES
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Hi,

There's nothing specific that we've done today but it could just be the general usage patterns. Looking at graphs, tonight was an early night for Broadband Plus customers with lots of people logging off earlier in the evening and the gold traffic reducing quite a bit so plenty more bandidth available for usenet.

I'd expect it to be fast through until tomorrow then probably decrease through the morning as people start using more interactive traffic.
joe
Dabbler

Thanks for the response. If I can get decent usenet download speeds when I need them between midnight and about 11.00am I will be happy enough. I also don't mind the occassional problem or bottleneck. However what will be a problem for me is if the service is regularly at 5% to 10% of normal. I don't download a massive amount of stuff which makes it all the more irksome if the service is going to be permanently or regularly reduced. As I have said I don't want to have to consider leaving PN but this will be an issue for me if the Usenet problem becomes a regular feature. Still lets look on the bright side - its working at the moment and hopefully this will continue.
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Should be fine between those times, the graphs show the best speeds on usenet the last couple of days were between about 10:30pm and 10am where it dipped down as everyone woke up and collected mail and whatnot then increased a bit as the afternoon grew on.