cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A Simple Question

N/A

A Simple Question

I am currently paying £21.99 for 512k on Premier. I was aware that I would be upgraded for free to 2MB when BT got around to sorting the exchange which I believe is in June for me. Now the FUP has been dropped and come the 28th it looks like Premier is going to be sold at £21.99 for 2MB. What does that mean for me still paying £21.99 for 512k? Am I going to have to pay May and Junes subscription of £21.99 for 512k when anyone who signs up after the 28th April gets 2MB for the same money?

Yes I'll be upgraded (hopefully) to 2MB for free in June or perhaps later but why do I have to pay the same money for a slower service than a new user until that happens?
3 REPLIES
Alecto
Grafter

A Simple Question

You can pay £14.99 to jump the queue and get upgraded to 2Mb (if your line will take it) now without waiting. Pn say that they have to pay this to BT to upgrade you ahead of the bulk upgrades.
Or you can wait.
Either way you'll pay £21.99 a month, till Pn change it to something else.
N/A

A Simple Question

thats exactly why i migrated skinz everything seems to cost money with plusnet before i went i was paying £37.50 for 1mb while the rest of the world is paying under £30 then when they capped us i was told it would be £14.99 to downgrade my account from £37.50 for 50gb cap to £21.99 with 30gb cap.only then to be told the caps arnt being initiated after all.im not a big downloader im just annoyed(for want of a better word)that they can keep changing their minds every five mins.if you upgrade your charged if you downgrade your charged if you fart out of sync your charged.loli think this has all came about to get rid of the heavy downloaders put a cap on the service all the big downloaders will leave that leaves plusnet with normal everyday users.
N/A

A Simple Question

Well I wasn't too fussed about the whole situation at first. Things change, glitches happen, mistakes are made. That's life. I only migrated here from Pipex in November 2004 because of Pipex's lousy (non existent) customer service and so far have been pretty happy with Plusnet. Yes things aren't going smoothly at the moment but they seem pretty on key about keeping people up to speed where possible.

Having said that the recent changes have pretty much been a total fiasco from an administrative point of view and have left a lot of customers in a flap over where they stand. Better forward planning is required in future to prevent situations like this occuring again. It wouldn't take much more for me to pack up and go somehwere else even though I've only just got here and would have to pay the early cancellation fee. Book your ideas up PN. It's gone to the very edge of becoming a total farce. Just one step more.