cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A Question to Plusnet

N/A

A Question to Plusnet

How many people will have to leave before you are no longer in a
comfort zone with customer numbers and revenue.

How many before you actually realise how bad you have become?

Perhaps Mr Stafford would like to comment on the state of his company.

All I see in these forums is disgruntled customers and "Im leaving threads"

Plusnet was a pleasure for me to use a year ago I was happy for you to serve me with your services.

And yes Im off too
5 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Re: A Question to Plusnet

Perhaps Mr Stafford would like to comment on the state of his company.

What and upset those nice people from BT who are trying to buy them ... oh no.
--
3Mb FTTC
https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=data_transfer_speed
Firejack
Grafter

A Question to Plusnet

There has been no further news on the BT takeover story so I'm guessing it was nothing more then a general enquiry about the business.

It will take a long time before Plus.net goes outside its comfort zone financially anyway. I've done a lot of reading around the bandwidth issues and Plus.net have squeezed a lot more customers on to their network then they perhaps should. Something most ISP's are guilty of.
The OFCOM regulations that sets the artificially high price of the BT Centrals that provide network bandwidth isn't allowing for the investment ISP's need to be making in their network since the introduction of MAX DSL.

Still believe it was wrong of Plus.net to supply a service they cannot deliver though. It would of been wise to keep us all on 1 or 2Mbit connections. Said it before... I'm sure I'm not the only one who would prefer to have their old 1 or 2 MBit service then the current MAX DSL product.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

A Question to Plusnet

Interesting that the 3rd Quarter financial results are now later than they have been for the last couple of years.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£13/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Community Veteran

A Question to Plusnet

There has been no further news on the BT takeover story so I'm guessing it was nothing more then a general enquiry about the business.

Nope. Normally when approaches such as BT's towards PN occur, a period of 4 -> 6 weeks will go by while BT look at the books in detail and consider their options. During this time you don't get any information released so it appears as though the whole thing has died down.

There is more to come as after the consultation period either an offer is made or they walk away. It is at this time that rival bids start appearing and some hostile takover attempts may be made while various companies start competing.

So its watch this (and other) Space(s) in the next few weeks.
N/A

A Question to Plusnet

Looking at the books etc is called 'due diligence' and I thought this can only be started when an offer is on the table. If this is the case I believe the shareholders have to be informed and then it's in the public domain. Unless the rules covering listings on AIM are different.