cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A New Approach to Traffic Shaping

N/A

Number 1. Ban YouTube, MetaCafe etc Smiley

Hey presto, less bloat, more capacity. Really simple to do as well (IP block) - no expensive software required! I've done the same on my router to keep us within monthly limits.

Surely Flash video is a really inefficient way of transmitting video media?

Have we really lost the knack of being efficient these days?

Any other similar ideas?
6 REPLIES
N/A

I know lets ban gaming and P2P while we're at it
Community Veteran
Fixes: 6

gasco, before you start trying to ruin everyone else's fun, I suggest you think about what you are actually saying.

PN have already throttled the hell out of p2p, pop3, smtp, usenet and ftp. Now you want them to start restricting the websites we can use?

What kind of service is that?

You know, I actually like being able to choose what sites I visit. I don't want PN breaking freedom of speech and communication laws and thus becoming a privatised dictatorship.

This is England for gods sake. Communism and slavery do not exist here. If you want to implement your ideas, goto China where even google is filtering search results.
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
sophos9
Grafter

Dude, ban HTTP traffic aswell... :roll:
N/A

he surely has tongue firmly planted in cheek..

.. either that or hitler is live and well and subscribes to plusnet Wink
N/A

They would if we were office workers Wink

Which I think says a lot about how PN is being run. Ever experienced the thin end of people in a large centralised IT infrastructure and services dept? Eeek :shock:

I was being serious about Flash video though.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 6

Quite frankly, I don't care.

We pay for broadband and we want to use it. We don't want it being restricted left right and centre just because YOU say it should be.

That sucks.

BTW, I think YOU should give up your PC, Internet, and your postings on this forum! - Doesn't mean you'd agree and want it though! It would almost certainly make you feel a little upset too.

Get my drift?

Now leave us alone to enjoy our http. Even if youtube is a bandwidth hog, we're paying for it and PN have allocated bandwidth to allow it.
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!