cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A Light at the End of Your Tunnel?

N/A

Usenet Cap and Throttle? Well for two consecutive nights, at 1:25am, the throttle was removed, note the times:

This "morning":

Yesterday "morning":

This may be a fluke, or it could be an "undisclosed design". For sure the the tech support guys aren't aware of it - unless they're playing a strange "find it out for yourself" game.

So as the original poster of the thread first drawing our attention to PlusNet's 15GB Usenet Cap and Throttle, I get a kind of "closure" and bid you farewell on Monday as I move to Pipex.
17 REPLIES
N/A

Heres hoping *crosses fingers*

I am on about 11gb now, so wont be long before I reach treacle town. Full speed from 1.30 to 8am or something similar and then 30KB\s afterwards would suit me. Bit concerned about what people are saying about missing blocks, don't want to have to buy netlimiter just to get decent completion rates, once the downloads finally get here that is :roll:
N/A

...Full speed from 1.30 to 8am or something similar and then 30KB\s afterwards would suit me...
It began to slow down again at about 5:30am (ish) and by 6:00am it was back to 30kB/S.

But, for those that stay with PlusNet and don't mind leaving their PCs on overnight, this may become a sensible "compromise".
N/A

If this kinda NNTP bandwidth carries (230ksec) on then i`ll guess i`ll stay with PN, theres no two ways about it.
N/A

If full speed is permanently available between 1.30am and 6.00am after using the 15gb limit then I would be tempted to stay. I have my MAC and was going to submit it on the 19th/20th Nov, but I am going to see how things pan out in the next week or so.
N/A

fairway..

fairway hi,i read what you said this is what happened to me,i started to dl a file on thurs/night fri morn at 1.30am it was 1.4 gb it finished at 11.49pm on friday night.now that really isnt acceptable for being on a 2mb premier acc,and i cant see that they are going to change the policy now as they are always going on about the 1% who use a lot,so they definately are not going to change it.
N/A

But the evidence above is that they HAVE, knowingly or unknowingly - and consistently - changed it. (If you can form an opinion on consistency based on a sample of two consecutive nights).

Now I don't know how these things work in terms of being the "same" over the entire nrtwork but I am SHOWING rather than SAYING what happened to ME.

That way others may also care to investigate and be surprised or disappointed according to their findings.

Good luck to all of you.
N/A

but really deep down you know things aren't going to change that is why you are going to pipex,yes/no..?
N/A

PlusNet are no longer providing the service I want. That's why I'm moving.

But the new profile may suit others.
N/A

This is what ive been told by PlusNET staff:

Your 15gb limit for NNTP is reset at the end of each month / not your billing period.

Once you pass 15gb you are capped at 30kb/s regardless of if its Peak / Offpeak / Week or Weekend. After 12pm the speed will still be 30kb/s until the end of the month if you have exceeded 15gb.

So basically im saying "Dont get excited you are probably just still under your 15gb limit, hence the fast speeds".
N/A

So basically im saying "Dont get excited you are probably just still under your 15gb limit, hence the fast speeds".
Basically I'm saying if you look at this you'll see that I reached my 15GB cap 10 days ago.

My findings at the top of this page are in SPITE of being WELL above the cap.
N/A

My bad.

Sorry.
N/A

Absolutely pitiful! I've not been affected by this yet, but anticipate it any time now! Look's like it's time (again) request the MAC code.

We shall see.
N/A

Absolutely pitiful! I've not been affected by this yet, but anticipate it any time now!
What do you think about the information at the top of this post?
N/A

Well folks I dunno whether it's on my part of the network, but I followed my own advice and queued some UseNet downloads overnight.

Sure enough at 1:25 am it all opened up to full speed for the 3rd consecutive night.

Still going at 226kBps at 0615.