cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

9KBPS CONNECT IS REASONABLE SPEED....WTF!!

N/A

Hi been having problems with my speed as mentioned in another forum.
done broadband fault test and my speeds test were 9kbps which i find ridiculous, takes about 20 mins just to get to forums. this is the reply i had off plusnet and bt below (does anyone think this is acceptable speed 9kbps)

The results of our tests show no fault with your broadband connection. Completed speed tests show that your connection speed is: none found

According to BT, this speed is within the limits of acceptable performance for broadband service
4 REPLIES
N/A

I don't think that works properly.

According to BT, 28kbps is acceptable, but that might be just for an analogue service (ie, dialup modem). It's probably more like 256kbps for broadband.
N/A

"The results of our tests show no fault with your broadband connection. Completed speed tests show that your connection speed is: none found"

I had exactly the same problem when I submitted my BT test results a week or so ago. The key part of that message is "none found".

Your speed test results did not register at the BT end so you recieved an auto message saying that your results were acceptible. they told me the same with results of 126kbps.

The actual minimum acceptible speed on an upto 8Mb account is around 400kbps. Acceptible to BT of course, not us.
N/A

I also received a similar message, but PN could see the results on the BT System IIRC so once I contacted them to complain, they checked, and agreed that it was lousy.
PN get in touch with BTW, Cue telecon from BT engineer who asks me to test my connection, still rubbish, then he reboots router in exchange, check again, magic!

All fixed for a month or two.....

So far they've had to do this twice, and it took a fair bit of legwork to gather the evidence for PN, but in fairness, once it was provided to them, they acted on it.

It may also be worth pasting the results into a ticket, or if you are able (over such a slow connection) take screenshots and upload with a ticket so they can see the results (although TBH listing the results should be sufficient)
N/A

I received a similar message when requesting a fault check. My frustration with my "upgrade" from 2mb broadband to 8mb has seen my speed drop from an average of 1.9mbps to that of barely above 1mbps. It laughably states that in the fault check response that my line is performing acceptably and yet reports the speed figure as "none". I have been more than happy with PN for over two years and I have reluctantly put in a cancellation request today due to the poor response from customer support over this issue. I have been trying for days to get a response that does not appear to be automated. Ironically the quickest repsonse I got was when I actually requested a cancellation. Come on PlusNet you used to be so much better than this.