cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

91 days and still no connection. A record?

N/A

I requested a broadband connection from Plusnet with a bundled USB modem on the 27th of July this year, and Plusnet have still not provided me with a connection.

This is the first time broadband has been used on my line, so there has not been a holdup due to trying to transfer from another provider. First Plusnet "forget" to request BT to activate the line, and by the time support responded to my ticket 6 weeks had passed.

Then when the line was finally activated, Plusnet failed to send me the modem, sending me only the instructions for installing the (nonexistant) modem by Special Delivery.

I raised a ticket about this over a week ago, and guess what? Still no modem! Not even any confirmation that one is being sent or when it might arrive. Only a cursory note to say that the issue is being raised with the hardware department (that was last week).

Can anyone from Plusnet help me actually get a broadband service? Thats two and half months since I signed up, and still customer support are going at a snails pace.

Someone help, please! Sad

Eleanor
21 REPLIES
Saturn
Grafter

I hate to say it but I think you are flogging a dead horse. Ask for your money back and find yourself a real ISP!
shellsong
Grafter

I would suggest that, under the circumstances, you cancel your account and demand reimbursement of all monies paid to date then find an alternative supplier! PlusNet have been good in the past and could be good in the future but ask yourself whether you think they are good now

Also I hope you are aware that the modem isn't "free"-- if you have opted for deferred payment, it takes 5 years to clear the cost of a modem that would be better replaced with a good router/modem

Gerry
N/A

Yes, I certainly don't really want to be with Plusnet after the way they have treated me, but I feel I'm at the last hurdle now, and I really just want a broadband connection with anyone!

If I cancel and ask for a refund, then by the time Plusnet customer support get their fingers out and actually ask BT to release the line, I'll be looking at another 2 weeks before I can sign up with another ISP, and then another 2 weeks (hopefully) to get connected with them. Thats another month with no connection.

I'm thinking that maybe the best way is just to get connected, then request a MAC from Plusnet and migrate (seamlessly hopefully) to another ISP. I'm only on a monthly contract.

Eleanor
Saturn
Grafter

I guess you have to ask yourself what the chances are of someone sorting this out quickly, having already waited so long with no satisfactory outcome. Try PMing one of the comms team. Bob Pullen seems to be about of late. They usually get things moving.
Community Veteran

Hi Eleanor,

I have raised this issue to PN direct within PUG so someone should be in contact soon.
Liam
Grafter

Hi there,

I'm going to add a reply to your ticket, but basically, according to Royal Mail the modem has been delivered, and we have a signature in your name for it.

Your account is active at our end so you should now be able to connect.

Let me know if you have any further issues.
N/A

I would tell them to forget the USB modem and go out and get yourself a decent router. Alternatively I can send you a USB modem for free, I have several.

USB modems are naff and just another profit opportunity.

Also Plusnet use the kit to tie you in and charge you EXIT fees if you don't stay 12 months.

Having got this far if the only thing stopping you is an ADSL router/modem nip out and get one. Even Tesco sell them now.

If you do this make sure Plusnet change the status on your account so that you do not have to pay if you decide to leave before the 12 months are up.
shellsong
Grafter

Liam, it sounds like what the OP signed for was not a modem but just the instructions for it!!! How sure are you there hasn't been a major foulup on the supply side? According to Royal Mail the package that was sent out has been signed for, not that there was a modem in it!
N/A

Liam,

Shellsong is exactly right. What was delivered and signed for was an envelope with instructions only, there was NO modem! I have double checked with the Post Office and they assure me that the envelope was ALL that was sent.

I cannot tolerate this any longer, and am requesting a full refund of all monies paid and my line to be cleared by BT to allow me to connect with a real ISP, due to breach of contractual obligations by Plusnet.

Lets wait and see whether Plusnet has the honour to allow me to do this swiftly and without argument. What do you think Liam?

Eleanor
Community Veteran

Make sure your request is also on a ticket to make it official.

Document everything you have put on here so that if you have to persue them in small claimes, you'll have the necessary evidence.
Snarf
Grafter

Eleanor,

If what Liam says is right (about your line being active), you could always try and find a cheap ADSL modem, connect it and use your line. Then continue your argument about PN not actually sending the modem, whilst still actually having a line Smiley

A good fall back for you is that the Post Office should have the record of what exactly was given to them, if it was just an envelope that you signed for then, unless they've started making very flat modems, you should stand in pretty good stead with PN!
shellsong
Grafter

You could always try returning their "air modem" with its paperwork and packaging by recorded delivery or do you think they wouldn't accept it without a Returns Number? Wink
N/A

Well, still no contact from Plusnet 24 hours after requesting to terminate my contract due to breach of terms and conditions.

That's despite me posting here, raising a ticket, and PMing Liam Martin and Bob Pullen.

I just can't beleive how disgraceful Plusnet are. Not only will they not provide a service to me, but now they are impeding me receiving a service from another ISP.

Eleanor
N/A

No surprise then Sad