cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

£9.99 monthly package

N/A

£9.99 monthly package

Hi i recently have moved house and also down graded my broadband offer to £9.99 per month package.
I have noticed my speed has significantly reduced from approx 1800kbps to approx 700kbps. Why is this the case or have i missed something completely?
3 REPLIES
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 36

£9.99 monthly package

Changing the package shouldn't give you lower speeds (it would help if you mentioned which you had before). Are you much further from your exchange now?

However to enable the community to help please could you post your modem stats (sync speed, attenuation and noise margin) - knowing the modem model too would help. If you don't know how to obtain the stats check here.

Regards, David
David
N/A

£9.99 monthly package

I downgraded when the new packages came out in May and I have seen no deterioration in speed so I can't see that this would be the cause. As Regulus said, best to post the stats or raise a ticket, again with the relevant information.
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

£9.99 monthly package

Hi,

Is this the difference in speed from the old property to the new? It could be that the new property is a further from the exchange than the old one. One of the limitations of ADSL is that the longer the phone line the lower the speed it will support.