cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

8mb

N/A

8mb

Tiz the 31st today, I just did a check on my exchange using plusnets product checker thingy.

http://www.plus.net/exchangechecker/index.php
Good News!

This exchange can provide you with PlusNet up to 8Mb broadband!

Yet my pc still shows im on 2.2mb, how much longer will I be on this speed?

Thanks.
16 REPLIES
Community Veteran

8mb

Mine also shows as 8meg now which is great since it was only showing as Amber for whether or not they would have ADSLMax available on time or not.

My line shows as 8meg on the Plusnet one and 6-8meg on the BT checker. I'd be suprised if I couldn't get the full 8meg.
Midville
Grafter

8mb

I dont think anyone really knows, there is a limit on how many people PN can refresh via BT. Hopefully not too long.
N/A

8mb

I just checked and it says my exchange doesn't support broadband.

Odd as I've had it for over 2 years.

Dinalt

ps any chance of a quick upgrade as you've been chargigngme £25 for 512kbs all that time..
Community Veteran

8mb

not too long being at least 6 months!!!
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

8mb

Hi,

The DSLMax regrades are starting to be processed. The first regrades going in will be for those customers on the current up to 4 and 8Mbps accounts. We will then be submitting a bulk regrade order to upgrade everyone else.

The turnaround time on the bulk regrade will depend entirely on two factors, how many ISP's take part in the scheme and how many orders BT Wholesale can process each day.

Once we have a better idea of the timescales we will let you know and also advise on how a queue jump option would work.
N/A

8mb

Cry Cry but my Plusnet exchange checker just says " DSL Max upgrade information for this exchange, is yet to be published." Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry
prichardson
Grafter

8mb

Hi,

Can those folks that recieved the message from the Usertools checker, to suggest it had no data, check the records again.

Due to very predictable format change to the file imported, quite a number of exchanges didn't have the right information. This has been fixed, and for enabled exchanges, should also report the guestimated speed MAX will provide (only if entering phone number for searching).

Let me know if you see any odd speed results, as I only had a limited set of numbers I could try, which all worked.

Kind Regards,
N/A

8mb

not too long being at least 6 months!!!

I hope your not serious by that statement..Huh
tcs2000
Grafter

8mb

Just checked and the "Good News" message that my line has been upgraded now.Smiley
Hope it's not too long until Plusnet give me the 8mbs service.
N/A

8mb

Until BT get their fingers out and do a mass upgrade system, it would take a year to get everyone upgraded...
N/A

8mb

Mine also says Maxdsl enabled......My billing date was also today....But still getting 2mb..
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

8mb

antrobus6: What account type were you on? If it wasn't one of the higher priced Premier or PAYG you could be waiting months.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£13/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
N/A

8mb

When I first joined I was on the upto 4mb and then I dropped down to the 2mb Premier.....
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

8mb

I'm afraid you won't be "at the front of the queue" then.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£13/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)