cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

8mb upgrade

N/A

8mb upgrade

Hi

i changed my isp to plusnet in april and opted for the upto 8mb package and because i was only on a half meg line i paid the extra to have my line upgraded etc

since then i have had a few problems which have been sorted thank fully but now 2 month's down the line i am still on a half meg connection and everytime i ask customer support about getting a line increase ( as even a spped increase upto 2 meg wold be great at the moment ) i keep getting different responses basically telling me that they dont know when it will happen and i have just read it the following statement in the service status page

Because of this, we have taken the decision to freeze our automatic upgrade process for at least the next two months. However, if you do still want to gain an upgrade to a DSLMax service, we will still be offering this to people that opt-in via the http://trials.plus.net site. We still will not be able to offer an accurate timescale for when these will be completed, but they should be performed within 3-4 weeks of the request being made. Anyone who has already put in a ‘queue jump’ ticket will be added to the ‘opt-in’ pool and upgraded if they haven’t already been upgraded (most have).

so have i now to take it that it will be at least another 2 month's until they even look at upgrading me?

i swapped to plusnet because a few people i know have been with them for years and highly recommended them but so far i havent seen any evidence from the support staff that would warrant the recommendations i have been given
38 REPLIES
James
Grafter
Posts: 21,036
Registered: 04-04-2007

8mb upgrade

Not sure how 3-4 weeks = 2 months?
N/A

8mb upgrade

The second line states that they have frozen the automatic upgrade for 2 months and that if you want to opt in then you can but you are still looking at 3-4 weeks

i understand that plusnet are busy but i have already asked on previous occasions about when i would be upgraded via the ticket system and the first response stated that i wasnt on the list and then i got another response saying that it was a mistake and that i was on the list to be upgraded

so do i take it that i have to go through and opt in to get my line upgraded?

if this is coming across in a bad way then i do appolagise as i just want to know what i need to do to get my line to at least the 2 meg status

Moderators note by John (johnessex) Duplicate post removed.
James
Grafter
Posts: 21,036
Registered: 04-04-2007

8mb upgrade

No, understand you perfectly Smiley

If you opt in, you'll be maxed within 4 weeks.
N/A

8mb upgrade

Well I opted in on 24/4 and still have no MaxDSL, from what date is the 3-4 week period?
N/A

8mb upgrade

Ok i have now opt'ed in and will see what happens
James
Grafter
Posts: 21,036
Registered: 04-04-2007

8mb upgrade

Quote
Well I opted in on 24/4 and still have no MaxDSL, from what date is the 3-4 week period?
Today.
N/A

8mb upgrade

Well its now a month since i opted in and since i havent heard anything about being upgraded to either 2mb or above as i am still on the half meg connection that i was on when i joined plusnet in april

i have been trying to contact plusnet but i cant find the ticket system to raise one

does anyone have any idea whats happening?
N/A

8mb upgrade

Quote
No, understand you perfectly Smiley

If you opt in, you'll be maxed within 4 weeks.


Compete and utter tripe.

I have opted in numerous times after being missed and still nothing, hence one of the reasons I have decided to leave Plusnet.
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Posts: 12,169
Thanks: 18
Fixes: 1
Registered: 04-04-2007

8mb upgrade

Hi,

The DSLMax programme is currently on hold due to the number of problems BT are having with it. We intend to send the following out to all the customers opted in shortly which goes into more detail.

-------

This is an automated response in reply to your Question requesting an upgrade to DSLMax up to 8Mb speeds.

Please consider this response an acknowledgement that your upgrade request to has been accepted and will be processed as soon as we are able to. Please note, due to the reasons below it may be several weeks before the upgrade completed.

If you have any questions about DSLMax and up to 8Mb speeds, check to see if the questions are answered in the information or links below. If not you may find the answers in our newsgroups and portal discussion forums or within the Help Assistant section of our website. If your question is not answered in any of these areas you can raise a Question to the support team via the Help Assistant. We would kindly ask you not to raise additional Questions via the DSLMax Opt in page, these Questions are not monitored by the support team.

At the present time we have taken the difficult decision to temporarily suspend upgrades to DSLMax. The main reason is that BT Wholesale's Dynamic Line Management (DLM) systems aren't adjusting customer’s lines correctly and are causing significant numbers of our customers to experience connection problems.

As the number of customers having difficulties with their connections increases this is in turn causing large backlogs of support requests and delays resolving them. Many of these problems did not need to be raised to us as they should be fixed automatically by the DLM systems.

Until BT resolves the issues with the DLM system, we are unwilling to take the risk that further customers will encounter difficulties.

We expect BT Wholesale to correct the DLM within the next few weeks, at which point we will resume the upgrades. We will start with the customers that have opted in to upgrade programme.

The following links contain additional information

Update on Customer Support Improvement Plan:
http://usertools.plus.net/status/archive/1151929668.htm

DSLMax Upgrade Programme Update:
http://usertools.plus.net/status/archive/1151939246.htm

We will post regular updates on our service status pages to keep customers updated with the progress and to advise when we will restart the upgrades.

You may wish to subscribe to service status updates via email at

http://usertools.plus.net/status/email.php
N/A

8mb upgrade

Yes I have been getting that the last few attempts, but before that I was getting you will be put on the next batch of upgrades.

Surely if the customer wants to be put on then you should and if there are any problems then the customer should just put up with them as they requested the upgrade.

I would have just liked the upgrade to start with.

Although I am glad you can cut and paste just like customer services.
N/A

8mb upgrade

Joke isn't it.? I have my MAC and will be switching to my new ISP soon, and as my line supports 6.5MB - 8MB I will finally get the service that PN have been promising for months. PN seem to be on a crusade to destroy themselves, I have never seen a company go downhill so fast. The obsession at the moment seems to be the Plusnet Home Phone launch, it would be far better if they addressed their technical/CS problems rather than trying to launch a service that nobody is really interested in.

With a 90% chance that my MaxDSL would have been fine (if there is a 10% problem rate quoted by PN) it was a risk that I was prepared to take, pretty good odds in my book, but we weren't even given the option, it was just withdrawn.
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Posts: 12,169
Thanks: 18
Fixes: 1
Registered: 04-04-2007

8mb upgrade

Quote
Surely if the customer wants to be put on then you should and if there are any problems then the customer should just put up with them as they requested the upgrade.


So if we regraded your connection to Max and it didn't work or dropped sync every 5 minutes you'd just put up with it? About 10% of the customers we've regraded to Max so far have had problems like that and quite rightly reported them to us to fix.

We aren't at the moment prepared to take the risk of another 10% of customers seeing problems until BT sort out the DLM systems. It isn't fair for the customers to see the problems when we know there are problems on BT's side and consequently it isn't fair to add these problems to already high fault backlog that we have.

Do you really want to regrade to a service that has a 10% chance of a fault and if you are one of the 1 in 10 would you be happy to just sit and wait and hope it fixes itself, would you be happy to have a fault open for a 13 days (that's the average fault closure time at the moment), or would you rather we wait a few weeks for BT to fix the DLM problems so the 1 in 10 becomes 1 in say 100?
N/A

8mb upgrade

I think its more than a few weeks Dave, I think it was 4-6 minimum with a possibilty of a longer delay, then on top of thast the delay of waiting again in the queue, PN submitting the request and BT actually doing the upgrade. PN also promised a futher announcement about the MaxDSL upgrades being withdrawn, but as far as I'm aware nothing has been announced.
N/A

8mb upgrade

Quote
Quote
Surely if the customer wants to be put on then you should and if there are any problems then the customer should just put up with them as they requested the upgrade.


So if we regraded your connection to Max and it didn't work or dropped sync every 5 minutes you'd just put up with it? About 10% of the customers we've regraded to Max so far have had problems like that and quite rightly reported them to us to fix.

We aren't at the moment prepared to take the risk of another 10% of customers seeing problems until BT sort out the DLM systems. It isn't fair for the customers to see the problems when we know there are problems on BT's side and consequently it isn't fair to add these problems to already high fault backlog that we have.

Do you really want to regrade to a service that has a 10% chance of a fault and if you are one of the 1 in 10 would you be happy to just sit and wait and hope it fixes itself, would you be happy to have a fault open for a 13 days (that's the average fault closure time at the moment), or would you rather we wait a few weeks for BT to fix the DLM problems so the 1 in 10 becomes 1 in say 100?


Obviously I would report it, but if I know theres a possibility of a problem when I requested Max then yes, until it was rectified I would put up with it. At the end of the day I know that there are issues with Max, but others that share my exchange not with Plusnet have it and have no problems with it, so in theory I shousdn't have any problems either, obviously Plusnet dont work pn what the customer wants/pays for, the customer gets.

Oops, except Plusnet are not prepared to regrade me for what I have been paying for. Hmm yet another reason why I am leaving.