cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

8mb broadband

N/A

8mb broadband

Is 8mb out ?

I saw the adverts on this website about this and thoght its out now...how will i be able to upgrade :?
15 REPLIES
glloyd
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

8mb broadband

Not by using the checker on the portal - That only shows your exchange is ADSL enabled which you already know.
N/A

8mb broadband

Yeh i checkd that checker and it just shows if my bb is enabled. But it says check to see if you can get 8mb. Guess thats misleading or sumit then
LiamM
Grafter

8mb broadband

I fed this back myself actually this morning... and Stew is on the case AFAIK.
lank111
Grafter

8mb broadband

the 8Mb checker point's to the broadband checker, i know i can't get 8mb and it says broadband active,
Also how much and when it due out?
N/A

8mb broadband

would love to get 8mb broadband, can we yet?
N/A

8mb broadband

no not yet. only on trial exchanges. I assume its going to be finished in the near future
Discostoo
Grafter

8mb broadband

WIll the SUP on 8MB be the same as on 2MB prem? Is there a table showing management policies on 8MB on the site yet? WIll Karate save Batfink after the break?
N/A

8mb broadband

WIll the SUP on 8MB be the same as on 2MB prem? Is there a table showing management policies on 8MB on the site yet? WIll Karate save Batfink after the break?
http://portal.plus.net/support/broadband/network/sustainable_usage_guide.shtml?link=suptop5_general4 8Mb Premier is mentioned on that page. Usage limits on 8Mb are doubled from those of 2Mb.
tcs2000
Grafter

8mb broadband

no not yet. only on trial exchanges. I assume its going to be finished in the near future

Around April 2006 from what I can gather from Tech Support.
N/A

8mb broadband

ill get 8 meg when its out, not with plusnet tho
N/A

8mb broadband

I feel sorry for the people that have been paying 4/8mb prices for a 2mb connection, since the summer..(or was it earlier)
JonathanW
Grafter

8mb broadband

Hi,

The higher speed accounts do come with a few other features, such as the increased SUP and Clean To thresholds, so some people would have chosen to remain on the packages for these. Additionally, we have said that if people are on these packages and not able to have the higher speeds then refunds will be available.
N/A

8mb broadband

I think it was also said that Plusnet may be looking into packages and how they are provided.

I can only assume this to mean that they may be offering 8mb as standard but with different levels of allowances ( as the FUP worked ) but while retaining the current SUP/management and vision guidelinges also.

This is not a dead cert and should not be taken as literally, but this is my gut instinct following a couple of replies I have had back so far Wink

So hopefully, fingers crossed, we should see better and just as cost effective packages on 8mb when it is finally rolled out Smiley
Community Veteran

8mb broadband

if you want to check to see if you can get up to 8mb i devised a very simple checker that will tell you if you can get 8mb

you need to enter your postcode OR phone number and ensure you omit any spaces and include your area code for the phone number

if it just comes up with your exchange is then PM as I am still testing it so its not 100% working, although it has for everyone thats tested it

http://ccgi.strathbungo1.plus.com/exch/