Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

8mb Sync

karmi
Grafter

8mb Sync

Hey.

Been syncing at 8096 for the past few days, can you update my PN speed profile as it has not been done automatically.

Line stats:

Statistics Downstream Upstream
Line Rate 8096 Kbps 448 Kbps
Noise Margin 12.6 dB 27.0 dB
Line Attenuation 8.5 dB 5.0 dB
Output Power 13.8 dBm 12.3 dBm

Latency Type Interleave - I also asked for interleaving to be turned off on my line because I have pretty optimum setup in my house and I doubt ill have many problems? Im sure its turned on by default though but noticed pings going from 10-15 to 50. But hey, the speed profile update would be enough.

I have been synching at the same speed pretty solidly @ 8096/448 but BT doesnt seem to have picked up on it yet.

Cheers.
7 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

8mb Sync

Have you been rebooting once a day?
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£13/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Liam
Grafter

8mb Sync

Hi there,

I've updated your speed profile at our end. You will need to disconnect and reconnect for this to take effect. It looks like BT have set your BRAS just under 8Mb.

With regards to interleaving, you're still in your first 10 day training period so this wouldn't be recommended. If, after this period, your line remains stable, please raise a ticket and we can look to switch this off for you.

Hope that helps.

Cheers,
karmi
Grafter

8mb Sync

Wow that was so fast I can not even believe it.

Oh i do love Plusnet! Thanks alot Smiley Will test for next few weeks about stability and then bring up a ticket about interleaving if necessary.
Liam
Grafter

8mb Sync

No problem at all. Waiting to see how it performs (RE Interleaving) definitely makes sense.

Thanks,
karmi
Grafter

8mb Sync

Important Notice - you have used 13GB of your allowance.
You have exceeded 66% of your allowance. This usage includes any downloading and uploading during peak-times (4pm till Midnight).

Level 1 Reached
Action: Level 1 Management will apply to your peak-time usage until the end of the billing month. Please avoid exceeding 17GB or further management will be applied.

Need more allowance? Upgrade now

Can anyone shed any light on what level 1 is and would it be slowing my speeds currently? On Http downloads, Im getting 60-70k on 8096kb sync with 7500 profile. Speed tester reports 3500 - 4000k.. Is it just contention on a busy Sunday night, or throtting by PN or this level 1 management? Ill be sure to avoid any downloading or uploading during the evenings from now on.

Perhaps to do with MTU/Rwin? I used to get 240kb downloads comfortably.
karmi
Grafter

8mb Sync

Speeds up to 700k a second now? Strange.. Past midnight perhaps?
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

8mb Sync

Your peak time speeds will be restricted for the rest of the month. See https://portal.plus.net/support/broadband/network/bb_premier1.shtml
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£13/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)