cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

8kbps download speed - what the hells going on !!!!

N/A

Evil
I have just got back from my hols and find that PN have sent me a lovely email stating that "....As a result, we have now applied a reduced usage profile to your broadband service. This will mean a fixed PlusNet network contention of 30:1. For a 2Mb connection this will give reduced downloads speeds, to approximately 67Kbps at peak times."

Ok I thught - i know i have now been given a 2meg connection, 67kbps d/l wont kill me... but wait its only d/l at 8kbps !!!!

Ah maybe its certain times on the day....

so i waited... and waitied.... and waited and here i am at 11.30pm and its STILL only downloading at bleedin' 8kbps !!!!

Maybe i should trying downloading between 3.05am - 3.10am as thats the 5 minutes that give you 10kbps !!!! Sad

I have recommended many people to PN in the past but if this is how they treat you after being with them for nearly three years then its no wonder so many people are jumping ship...

And why am i being charged £22 a month for a dial up speed Huh?

Anyone else had crappy d/l restrictions placed on them ?

Plusnet... i await your reply...
3 REPLIES
N/A

... welcome back to the asylum.. :mrgreen:
N/A

Three steps.

Step 1: Read this forum Sad

Step 2: Read the ADSLGuide forum :shock:

Step 3: Request MAC Code Evil

Have a nice day!
N/A

Are you getting kBps and kbps mixed up?

kBps = Kilo Bytes Per Second (8 bits in a byte).
kbps = Kilo Bits Per Second

So if you're getting 8 Kilo Bytes Per Second that's the same as the 67 Kilo Bits Per Second that PlusNet said they would give you.