cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

8am-4pm usage

N/A

8am-4pm usage

Hey
Can some1 tell me if the 8am-4pm peak usage thing is goin to be scrapped?

It is a huge pain in the a** as most of my usage comes in this period.

the peak usage times are ridiculous as (unless u r nocturnal) you cannot use ure service to its full extent at all ..

I did read somewhere that they were reverting back to the original 4pm -12am peak times which are completely understandable times for peak usage ....

I do hope Plus.Net come to their senses and scarp the 8am-4pm usage cap

Thanks
46 REPLIES
Community Veteran

8am-4pm usage

Not scrapped just brought in line with the SUP 4pm -> midnight peak period once the automated systems have been developed and implemented. The best guess when this will happen is end Feb.
N/A

8am-4pm usage

I asked about this and was told by a PlusNet rep

""Not yet, there's some stuff rolling out Wednesday morning that will get us nearer being able to change it, but I don't have a date yet. ""

So your quess is as good as mine.......don't really understand why it's taking so long and I'm concerned that the "goalposts maybe moving .. Sad
N/A

8am-4pm usage

Plusnet moving goalposts surely not :shock:

[Moderator's note by Mark (pcsni): Full quote of preceeding post removed as it is unnecessary and against the forum rules]
JonathanW
Grafter

8am-4pm usage

This is still something that we're working on, as automating the process does take a fair bit of doing, as it means changes to things both on the network and on the backend as far as the scripting goes.

I don't have any set date for when this is going to roll out, but it is getting closer.
N/A

8am-4pm usage

It still beats me why 8am till 4pm was ever introduced.
"Peak" should be when customers are at the most, not when Plusnet decide it's good for them.
N/A

8am-4pm usage

I don't have any set date for when this is going to roll out, but it is getting closer.

Then why say it was going to be February then?

[Note to pedants not doing a full quote of preceeding post]
Alecto
Grafter

8am-4pm usage

It started off as "By February", which eventually was twisted to mean "By the End of February", which will no doubt be amended as the end of February approaches.
Tell me, when exactly IS the Twelfth of Never?
JonathanW
Grafter

8am-4pm usage

The twlefth of never is clearly the day after the 11th of sometime Smiley

But on a slightly more serious note, we were hoping to have this in place during February. However, due to some issues that were encountered this has slipped a little and it is intended to be put in place during March.
N/A

8am-4pm usage

This news is a disgrace!
N/A

8am-4pm usage

Jam tomorrow, again.
Regards, John Taylor,
Alecto
Grafter

8am-4pm usage

Well Jon, I must be psychic !
Fair enough, things slip even with the best of teams like the Plusnet one, so now it's by the end of March.
So at least those bothered by it have something to look forward to. Tongue
Alecto
Grafter

8am-4pm usage

Jam tomorrow,

Alexander Pope - Hope springs eternal in the human breast, and all that.

However, there's a saying that What can't be cured must be endured, and another one that There's no use crying over spilt milk.

Yes, it's not all that good, is it. But do you really expect Plusnet to be perfect for £21.99 amonth? Get real.
N/A

8am-4pm usage

Perfect no, honest and fair I would expect from any company.
Alecto
Grafter

8am-4pm usage

Perfect no, honest and fair I would expect from any company.

As companies go, Plusnet are honest and fair.
These are relative terms, and while I myself am much more honest and fair than Plusnet in my personal dealings, there are some companies out there FAR worse than Plusnet.
I think they do their best to be so (given the circumstances).
And with some customers, as regular visitors to the forum will know, they just can't win.