cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

8MB Upgrade on Business Premiere

N/A

Hi,

We have a business premiere account and we applied for the free 8MB upgrade at the end of Jan. According to the screen the order is submitted the following Friday which would have been the 2nd Feb and to be complete the following Friday which is today.

I came in this morning expecting it to be complete but it's still on 2MB. I was hoping it would have been done overnight as we don't really want the system offline during office hours.

Is it normal for the to do the upgrade during the day?
19 REPLIES
sam
Grafter

Hi,

It looks like in this case the automated system failed and the order was not placed.

I have placed this manually and it should be complete on Monday.

Please accept our apologies for this. I will update your ticket as soon as we receive confirmation the order is complete.
N/A

Hi,

It looks like in this case the automated system failed and the order was not placed.

I have placed this manually and it should be complete on Monday.

Please accept our apologies for this. I will update your ticket as soon as we receive confirmation the order is complete.

Hi Sam,

Thank you for your help. I'm glad someone there actually bothers to get things done. I'm a little annoyed as you may have seen from my ticket that you just updated I spoke to 2 people who both fobbed me off saying it was done.

I knew it had not been done which is why I raised a ticket last week. If those 2 people in support would have bothered to do some work and look at my account they could have picked up on this error earlier.

Anyway that's my moaning done and once again thank you for your help and support. I do appreciate it. Cheesy
Liam
Grafter

Your ticket has been highlighted to our Techical Shift Managers. Our internal system showed the order to have been placed, but BT's system didn't - so I can see how the error was made.

We will, however, make sure it is highlighted as something to check in the future.
James
Grafter

Hi there,

Apologies for your having received a poor experience when speaking to our support team. I've raised these issues with line management and your ticket is now being handled by Sam, and the modify order should be handled appropriately.
N/A

Smiley Thanks James,

I'm glad I came on here. Seems to be quicker and more helpful.
N/A

Smiley Hi Sam,

The regrade was completed Monday as promised. Thank you. The only thing I have noticed is that we appear to be stuck at 2MB. I know MAX takes 10 days to find a stable speed/connection but I have heard that sometimes you can get capped at 2MB and it has to be reset.

I know when I regraded my home account to 8MB I saw full speeds of over 7MB on the first day so it seems strange that this has not gone over 2MB yet.

Is there any way of finding out if your capped at 2MB?

Thanks
Mand
Grafter

Hi there,

The profile was updated by BT yesterday to a 7000 profile, so you should start to see increased speeds.

Worth bearing in mind that the speeds can fluctuate during the first few days. Has the sync speed remained stable?
sam
Grafter

Hi,

It looks loike your BRAS profile is stuck on 2MB, I have had a word with the faults guys and they have said that everything looks OK from our perspective but as the regrade only happened a few days ago there is nothing we can do at this point.

The best advice is to keep moonitoring and if it is still the same after the weekend, give me a yell and we will get this passed to BT.
N/A

Ok will do Sam.

Is it a good idea to reboot the router or is it best to leave it alone?
Liam
Grafter

Rebooting a couple of times a day sometimes helps lift the BRAS - if that's what is causing the slowdowns.
N/A

Hi Sam,

Checked it this morning and it still appears to be stuck at 2MB.
James
Grafter

Hi there,

I'm seeing this as being ~7000kbps. Does the BT Speedtester suggest that you are stuck on 2mbps?
N/A

Hi James,

Just done the BT Speed Tester and this is what is reported:

Connected at: 7616kbps
Actual Speed: 302kbps GULP

Does that mean we are running at a fraction of 2MB? We always used to get 1920+ kbps on speed tests.
James
Grafter

That suggests that there isn't a problem with your profile itself. Are you seeing similar results when using different speed tests?