cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

8 meg roll out on Hold!!!

N/A

I had opened a ticket about my regrade and why is hasn't happened. I got a reply.

It would seem that it maybe a long time before anyone else is moved over.

Unfortunately at 1pm on the 18th May all ISPs (including ourselves) were informed by BT that regrade orders for IPStream Max have been put on hold to allow them time review the current situation and customer experience and make any adjustments.

The BT tool we have been using to submit the 8Mb upgrades will unfortunately not be available again until the 6th June.

For further information about BT's decision to do this please see the following article:-
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2006/05/19/bt_max/

So far we have upgraded approximately 35000 of our Customers to IPStream Max. We apologise for this unforseen delay if you are yet to receive your upgrade but would like to assure you we will recommence with the regrades as soon as we are able to.

We are still accepting queue jump requests at http://trials.plus.net but will be unable to process these until the BT tool is made available again.

Regards,
6 REPLIES
ed
Grafter

its good to see plusnet/f9 putting the boot in on that article maybe they do listen to their customers after all Cheesy
N/A

From reading the article, it seems to me that only submissions via the bulk upgrade tool have been stopped as it is those change overs where the fault is occurring (sod's law it's happened to me!!). Am I reading it wrong in thinking that the limited amount of upgrades that were processed manually previously will continue??

Mark
N/A

It may be just a problem with the bulk regrade tool but I have this horrible feeling that F9 will use this as an to sit on their thumbs and suck in a few more months of payments before once again apologising for not doing anything, blaming someone else and giving yet another promise that, "it will be done soon... honest."
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Am I reading it wrong in thinking that the limited amount of upgrades that were processed manually previously will continue?Huh

We are still able to place new provisions on Max (so new customers and existing customers moving house) and business as usual type upgrades, but as far as the mass upgrade of the customer base is concerned it's on hold both via the bulk regrade tool and the individual orders until BT reopen the bulk regrade process.

It may be just a problem with the bulk regrade tool but I have this horrible feeling that F9 will use this as an to sit on their thumbs and suck in a few more months of payments before once again apologising for not doing anything, blaming someone else and giving yet another promise that, "it will be done soon... honest."

We've been regrading our customers as fast as BT will allow us to do. Before the suspension of the tool we managed to regrade over 35,000 of our customers. In total BT have only regraded about 200,000 across all ISP's so we've got a pretty good share of them. Once the tool is back we will continue to upgrade as many as BT will let us, but how quickly it gets done is completely out of our hands. We'd love to do everyone this month, but we have to be realistic and based on the problems which will set the end date back a bit we have to say that September is a realistic date for the completion. If the problems can be sorted quicker, BT process more orders each week and less ISP's decide to place orders then it will be quicker, but as far as we can we'll get the regrades done as quickly as is possible.
jabns2
Grafter

The Problem.....

Just wondering, what is the :?: Problem :?:
David_W
Rising Star

Re: The Problem.....

Just wondering, what is the :?: Problem :?:

From what I gather the problem is a bug in BT's software somewhere along the line that is causing the major issues for everyone.

In a previous post I was told if our ticket was closed on the "I wanna jump the queue" we would still be upgraded, is that still on or are we all on hold now?