cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

7 Hours Downtime!

N/A

7 Hours Downtime!

Well, because of numeruous Internet Disconnections (LLU) I used the fault reporter to find out what was going on.

I had a reply yesturday to say that They would perform checks on the line to find out Why my internet keeps dropping. They suggested i leave my router connected for the next 72 Hours (Normally turn it off at night).

Well, Today i got home from work around 4:30, to find i had no internet, Tried rebooting multiple times to see if it would reconnect (Sync light stayed on). Nothing. 30 Mins later, i tried again...Nothing.

Eventually at 7:02 PM, I managed to get a connection! I opened up my L8NC Graph to find my Internet dropped at 11 AM, And had not reconnected up until now!

http://www.l8nc.com/graph.php?jid=00158649433181ed9c415d22a45a8a0a&sid=&day=today

Anyone else have similar problems? And can Plusnet explain why i had a 7 Hour Downtime?
7 REPLIES
N/A

7 Hours Downtime!

There was problem earlier today where incorrect IP addresses were given out. If you rebooted (or left the router off for 10-20mins) the IP address would be renewed and you could once again connect.
N/A

7 Hours Downtime!

There was problem earlier today where incorrect IP addresses were given out. If you rebooted (or left the router off for 10-20mins) the IP address would be renewed and you could once again connect.

An excellent explanaition, no doubt - but considering the user didn't have any internet access at the time, how was this information supposed to be forthcoming? I ask because I am currently using a GPRS card in my laptop to get the same information from Plus Net. I haven't been able to connect via Plus Net since I got in at 7pm, so now I am browsing the pages of an ISP I pay to access at extra expense to myself...

So I for one sympathise with the originator of this post and would suggest that hinsight is a wonderful thing...
N/A

7 Hours Downtime!

The OP asked. Why? I gave the reason to the best of my knowledge.

BTW It wasn't hinsight, I read the SS page.
N/A

7 Hours Downtime!

Quite
N/A

7 Hours Downtime!

You could have done the same thing. You obviously have a modem. You could have just as easily gone to the SS page as soon as you logged on and see if the were any reported issues, the same as I did. No hinsight on anyones part.
N/A

7 Hours Downtime!

You could have done the same thing. You obviously have a modem. You could have just as easily gone to the SS page as soon as you logged on and see if the were any reported issues, the same as I did. No hinsight on anyones part.

Well, the GPRS card was in my laptop, and my laptop was in my laptop case and my laptop case was in my car and my wife had my car and as soon as she came home that's what I did. Obviously! Wink

But irrespective of that I still can't connect via my router to Plus Net, despite switching it off for 20 minutes.

Back to the drawing board I suppose.
N/A

7 Hours Downtime!

I've been disconnected all day - I'm now using dialup. No doubt it's Tiscali's or NTL's or someone else's fault.