cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

£65 to move ADSL ?

N/A

£65 to move ADSL ?

Not a winge, but £65 does seem a little on the high side to move my ADSL to my new address.

Is this competitive ? I'm not convinced I can't migrate to a new ISP cheaper than it costs to move my account.
15 REPLIES
Community Veteran

£65 to move ADSL ?

It is in effect a cancel of ADSL on your current line and an activation on the new line and BT charge this (or something close to it) for providing ADSL on a line.

Migration it totally different as ADSL is not removed and no line is changed. You also can't migrate your connection to another phone line.
N/A

£65 to move ADSL ?

hehe i have been bitching about this for weeks now and i still havent got 2getha the cash. Apparently PlusNet have been "suggesting" a drop in price to BT for some time, and the hope is prices will fall afta this big upgrade they are doing.
It is a very frustrating price to pay especially if like me you only moved down the road from your old house.
The best plan is for all of us moaners to get together and aim these comments at BT coz its them charging all the cash, PlusNet simply pass on the charges and then add a little bit for profit, so if PlusNet dropped the prices themselves they would be cutting their own throats.
N/A

£65 to move ADSL ?

Not just down the road - I'm moving next door, literally Wink

Moderators note (John) Quote which was a full copy of previous post removed.
It is just not needed and makes threads hard to read.
niterider
Grafter

£65 to move ADSL ?

I move house ever 6-8 months, and its going to cost me £65 each time ?
With my old isp (Wanadoo) it cost me £30, this price seems alot
Community Veteran

£65 to move ADSL ?

That's because it is subsidised by Wanadoo. PlusNet pass on the full cost (BT and theirs) to the customer.
N/A

£65 to move ADSL ?

If your moving next door, can't you just swap the phone lines over ?? Cheesy
N/A

£65 to move ADSL ?

I just tried to pay for it to be moved and was told i couldnt coz i need a credit card! This is really starting to take the "wee wee" (hah no big purple [Censored] thing for me), 56k sucks so much! So now i have the money i still cant move my sodding account and when i do it will still take 7 - 10 days, why god why!?!
Starting to think running an extension from the old house is the best idea, and skiisworld could just poke a hole in the wall. :lol:
Community Veteran

£65 to move ADSL ?

It is BT that do the work not plusnet, and installing ADSL on a line (which is what is happening) always takes BT 7 -> 10 days. Nothing PlusNet can do about that.
N/A

£65 to move ADSL ?

Isn't it cheaper to cancel the account & just sign up again when finished moving?
Community Veteran

£65 to move ADSL ?

Possibly, but then its a change of username, also the 30 days notice needed, and it might be on an annual contact as well.

Chris
N/A

£65 to move ADSL ?

There is no need for a change of username, however, the 30 days notice and new contract periods apply.

Usernames can be downgraded to PAYG accounts, at which point, you upgrade that account.

If you wish to remain with the same contract period (or period remaining), it will be worthwhile following the move procedure.
N/A

£65 to move ADSL ?

Whats it cost to downgrade to a PAYG account?
N/A

£65 to move ADSL ?

No. It doesn't cost to downgrade to PAYG.

Where did I say or imply that?
N/A

£65 to move ADSL ?

I don't think you did, just checking so I can bear it in mind.
Thankyou.