cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

6248kbs is that a record for 8mb ?

N/A

my fastest has been the full 7.5, but that tends to happen weekday mornings Cheesy

this is the sort of average I get now

http://www.speedtest.bbmax.co.uk/results.php?t=1151913680&v=196000
22 REPLIES
N/A

Just did a speed test with bbmax got 6248 is this a record ?

how fast could one epect 8mb to give with overheads etc.
Community Veteran

7.2Mbs is the thoretical max I believe so you are a good 1Mbs short of that figure.
N/A

I'd say that speed is top whack for the time you did it, given contention and congestion and all the other crap. If you tried say later on (about 3am) you may see closer to 7meg.
N/A

Sorry no, I've had 6300+ in the past week. Don't lose any sleep over this, literally or metaphorically, I stayed up till 5am seeking the Holy Grail and didn't achieve anything better I had than during the day. Sad

In my experience bbmax tester is a bit optimistic. Really only true test is BT tester but that still doesn't work properly for Max. They are supposed to be fixing it but don't hold your breath!
N/A

I agree about weekday mornings, that's when I tend to do best.

I notice your upload speed doesn't "match". Although my download is slower I normally get 372 up on bbmax, or was that just an odd result?

Shouldn't upload be close to 448 as the line is not being pushed? I have been wondering about this for a while. Anyone got any answers?
N/A

no your right, my upload speed has never been brilliant, i live 195m away from the exchange, I know of course it depends on cable route, but i have NEVER got above the sort of 380 mark on upload, not worried about it though, its fast enough to upload files to my site, and thats what matters.
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Hi,

6248kbps probably isn't too far off the max you'll ever see. 7.15Mbps is the theoretical maximum throughput. At 4am the other night I managed to get around 880-890KB/s on a download which is the fastest I've ever had.
N/A

Nice to see +net employees have been given the faster speeds AHEAD of those who pay their salaries...

STILL waiting for my mythical upgrade!
fatdeeman
Grafter

yeah you don't have to rub it in!
N/A

both of the above posters might notice that dave has been with us longer than you have?

patience is all it takes, your not the ONLY ones waiting, and it ISNT plusnets fault is it!
fatdeeman
Grafter

I'm not envious that he has a fast connection, i was pleased with my 1.3mbit after my house move even if it was slow.

I'm envious because he has a connection that WORKS!
N/A

I'm with Robynfali; be patient. My conversion to Max has by no means been straightforward. I think BT have a lot to answer for and really PN's only crime in this debacle has been to be over enthusiastic in trying to bring a better service to their customers.

I think they have made the right decision to call a moratorium on conversion until the problems are ironed out.
fatdeeman
Grafter

Oh I totaly agree with you, it would be the same with any isp, they all rely on bt at the end of the day.

I just wish I knew exactly what my problem was because I don't know if it's down to the bt issue or not.

Most people affected by maxdsl have been getting ups and downs but my connection was stable and then just died completely.

I just did a house move and expected any problems to present themselves at the time of the connection being activated but it suddenly died about 10 days later and up until that point my connection speed and was stable and i didn't lose sync once.

If i could just know exactly what it was then i wouldn't mind so much.

It's the not knowing that hurts as they say.

I haven't honestly ever had any major gripe with plusnet and I think you get a lot better support compared to some isp's

I don't know many other places where staff members mingle freely with the users like here.
N/A

both of the above posters might notice that dave has been with us longer than you have?

patience is all it takes, your not the ONLY ones waiting, and it ISNT plusnets fault is it!

You may have noticed from a recent post of mine that a referral of mine ALSO has been upgraded to Max before me......

I daresay other users who have been with +net for less time than me have ALSO been upgraded...

The whole thing sucks and not ALL of it can be attributable to BT....+net simply like using the comms behemoth as a scapegoat a lot of the time......+net are the ones who are placing the orders...do BT tell +net which customers are to be done 1stHuh? Thought not!