cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

6 weeks

N/A

6 weeks

I wouldn't worry about the other ISPs the seem to be ahead.

BT are coincidentally upgrading lots of exchanges to cope with SDSL this year too. They will surely need to add capacity at each exchange to cope with this aswell. It wouldn;t be much of a leap to figure they might like to increase capacity for these regrades, and potentially MaxDSL at the same time.

It's also conceivable that they might use the same criteria to select the sequence the upgrades.

certainly some of the exchanges on the MaxADSL trials, correlate to some of the early SDSL exchanges.

and the SDSL rollout dates are all in the April to August range...
SPooky?

http://bbs.adslguide.org.uk/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Board=announcements&Number=652366&page=3&view=expa...

http://bbs.adslguide.org.uk/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Board=announcements&Number=1005562&page=0&view=exp...

http://bbs.adslguide.org.uk/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Board=announcements&Number=1630991&page=0&view=exp...
16 REPLIES
eglwys
Grafter

ADSL Home Fair usage and automatic speed upgrade

hi

Having read all the information I can find I am still confused. perhaps someone could be kind enough give me a straight answer these two questions.

1. My current account is " ADSL Home Self-Install 512K " if I do not upgrade to Premiere 30 does the fair usage still apply?

2. If I do nothing will my line speed be upgraded automatically or do I have to upgrade to premiere 30 first.

Many Thanks
Martin
Community Veteran

1) Fair usage will apply to all current broadband home premier accounts and all the old broadband products no longer sold (except dslConnect) like your ADSL home package. You will have a 30GB fair usage allowance applied when FUP is introduced next week but all other featres will remain as you have now, including the monthly cost.

2) It will be upgraded automatically. The upgrade will happen between April and June.
N/A

The upgrade MAY happen between April and June. "several months" is the current +net quote of the day.
pint
Grafter

The upgrade MAY happen between April and June. "several months" is the current +net quote of the day.

Several, so thats between November 2005 and january, 2006?
N/A

As faulty as PN have been recently, I'd say that's more the time we'll get 8mbit :p 2mb...erm...I'm willing to wager most customers don't start to see it until June and it runs on well into August. April-May just being for the major exchanges.
N/A

delayed FUP

Is the delayed implementation of the FUP delaying the speed upgrades?
BT have had the upgrade mechanism in place since February.

Plusnet are behind again..

Should have known the rollout would not occur on April 1st.
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 69

I would like to make it clear that the fair usage policy has nothing to do with the scheduling of the speed regrades. We have been provisioning new customers at 2MB for a a while now regardless of the speed of their package. We have been able to do this because we have tools in place that allow us to control the speed a customers line operates at.

A bulk regarde order has been submitted to BT. It has been with them a while but it took longer than expected to get confirmation regarding certain terms of the agreement.

We never envisaged all our customers being upgraded at the stroke of midnight on the 31st March! And I don't think we've given that impression. The regrades will be scheduled accordingly by BT and will undoubtedly incorporate orders from other ISPs. Rest assured the speed regrades are forthcoming. We just ask that some customers exhibit a little patience. It's a big order and will take a while to complete.

Kind Regards,

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Products Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

N/A

hi

I would just like to say I thought the two were going to be implemented together! I didnt like the fup but did not want the hassle of moving providers so thought well at least I will get regraded.but it seems to me the normal 'moving of goalposts' that seems to be the norm now is taking place. :roll:

regards
Matt
N/A

FUP and upgrades related?

It was clearly stated previously by +net before that the FUP and speed regrades rollout were related.

I'm sure that many customers are under the impression that the FUP is being implemented BEACUSE of the speed upgrades.

Recent reports state that BT are adding new broadbad customers at a rate of 1 every 10 seconds (that's new lines added)

Even at this rate it should not take them many days to regrade 100,000 users.
eglwys
Grafter

Hi

I don't think anybody expected all upgrades to happen immediately but we havn't heard of a single plus net customer being upgraded yet.

Just my 5 pennies worth

Martin
Community Veteran

Re: FUP and upgrades related?

It was clearly stated previously by +net before that the FUP and speed regrades rollout were related.

I'm sure that many customers are under the impression that the FUP is being implemented BEACUSE of the speed upgrades.

Many people assumed they were related because they were announced at the same time and some of the wording on the announcement was also liable to be misinterpreted as well. Since then PlusNet have stated many times in many threads they are not and never have been related and neither depend on each other before they are implemented.

Even at this rate it should not take them many days to regrade 100,000 users.

There are almost 5 million ADSL connections in the UK now. Remember, it is not just PlusNet but many other ISPs that have also requested speed upgrades during this period. BT are currently able to perform 30,000 upgrades per day so assuming say half of all ADSL connections were being upgraded, that would still take BT 83 days to complete.
N/A

hi

I am sure the e-mail stated 'in conjunction with' which to me means at the same time! also I have read that plusnet are paying bt £500,000 so surely plusnet have some say in how this action is to be carried out??

regards

Matt
Community Veteran

As I said above 'some of the wording on the announcement was also liable to be misinterpreted as well.'

The announcement should not have said that as it was never intended to be released together.

It is still down to BT how quickly they do the upgrades and who actually gets done. They are doing the upgrades on an exchange by exchange basis and will not tell any ISPs when it will happen until 3 days before it actually does.
N/A

83 days.,

So BT can cope with plusnet's entire customer base, in approx 3 days at that rate.

a little less, assuming some customers are already on 2Mbit.
and there's that 1000 customers that plusnet said would be upgraded before april to deduct too. (whoever they are) and deduct the plusnet customers who are on the MaxADSL trial.

As BT have been taking orders since February, it's not going to be 83 days from April,
It's not 83 days from when plusnet put their order in, either.

Meanwhile we're all left wondering have BT actually started processing upgrades for plusnet yet?

Plusnet will surely know which exchanges HAVE been processed.
How about some information on that. ?